Value of: Nikita Gusev’s Deadline Value

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
what would it be?

Hes got around ~30 points in his last ~40 games on a BAD team - is also signed next season as well. NJ can retain up to 50%

Coleman got a 1st and a top-3 prospect for Tampa, so itd have to beat that most certainly

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Why would you trade your best forward ?

Jersey learning how to rebuild from the Oilers.
Who needs any kind of veterans when you can force feed lots of 1st OA's big minutes, it worked out for Edmonton... like after 3 different tried doing the same thing over a decade.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
what would it be?

Hes got around ~30 points in his last ~40 games on a BAD team - is also signed next season as well. NJ can retain up to 50%

Coleman got a 1st and a top-3 prospect for Tampa, so itd have to beat that most certainly
Coleman's contract made the return. So if you are not willing to retain 50% on Gusev, he will bring back less than Coleman. Around two 2nd's?

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Do not want to trade Goose.
His contract is fine and he is not too old and is improving every game.
Keep him unless someone offers something too good to be true

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Coleman's contract made the return. So if you are not willing to retain 50% on Gusev, he will bring back less than Coleman. Around two 2nd's?
I’d rather slam my nutt sack in a door than trade goose for two 2nds.
Devils need some forwards with skill to put on the ice .....

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
This is kind of a counter productive move. Draft picks are never a sure thing. Gustev is Guaranteed to be a productive player. Kind of a gamble the return is going to be better than what you have atm.

Keep him

awegrzyn

Jun 17, 2014
Goose is an underrated player. He seems invisible on the ice. You have to look at the score sheet to see what a hell happened in the game, and realize he is leading the Devils in points as of now. Palms and others simply have more ice time, hence more points. Because he is so underrated, he will never return much in a trade. Just keep him.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I wanted him to Minnesota a year ago, so that he could play with Kaprizov.

Yeah, him and Kaprizov could be a good line. Gusev is way beter as a LW, and Kaprizov is best on the RW. They won't probably even need a creative C, just defensively resposible one with some skill, someone like Anisimov, when he played with Kane and Panarin.

Reactions: FrodoBeggins

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
No to trading goose. Don’t really want to trade palms. Just trade vatanen and be done with it.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I’d rather slam my nutt sack in a door than trade goose for two 2nds.
Devils need some forwards with skill to put on the ice .....
Can you please post the video for proof? Else Fitz will trade him today.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
I doubt he is on the block, but to answer the question: Gusev at full salary would get a little more than Toffoli (Madden, 2nd and conditional 4th) and with 50% retained ($2.25 million) would likely get similar to Coleman (Foote, 1st).

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Trading Goose would be really dumb.

What are the chances he signs with the Devils after his contract is up though? There are no other Russians in the team and the guy he had the best chemistry is now gone. Really feel like it's inevitable to see him in a Rangers jersey. If we don't move him now, we should move him if he doesn't extend.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
What are the chances he signs with the Devils after his contract is up though? There are no other Russians in the team and the guy he had the best chemistry is now gone. Really feel like it's inevitable to see him in a Rangers jersey. If we don't move him now, we should move him if he doesn't extend.
Columbus will be very interested if he hits UFA market. We have Gavrikov who played with Gusev in Russia

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
This insinuation that Russians only want to play with other Russians is silly and not at all supported. Radulov, Bobrovsky, and Panarin all signed UFA deals joining a team with only one other Russian player. Tarasenko and Kucherov also decided to re-sign with a team that had only one other Russian player.

If Gusev wanted to play with other Russians he would have simply stayed in the KHL.

With Hall and Coleman gone Gusev's minutes can only go up and he's been arguably our best forward since the coaching change. NJ needs talented vets to help grow this team and Fitz has indicated he doesn't want to scorch the Earth. Goose being a 60 point player on this team would tremendously help the growth of guys like Hughes, Foote, Anderson, etc. That's far more valuable than a 2nd and B prospect or whatever.

He's in the Palmieri camp - if you want to give up crazy stupid overpayment that blows my socks off, then sure, take him. Otherwise we need contributing vets and he provides more value on the ice than he does in a trade.

Reactions: Owenay

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

Rangers won't have any cap space for Gusev. They will have a lot of RFAs to sign, and then Zib, Kakko and Fox a season later. So it's going to be between Devils and Isles (I doubt, he'll leave NY for Columbus), and I think, Devils will have an advantage.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Anze Kopitar has no Slovenians on his team, he does just fine!
When he first got traded there was the "he doesn't speak much english" and all that non-sense. He's doing just fine, leads the team in points and is now starting to show what he is. Don't trade him unless next year he tells you he wont sign.

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
This insinuation that Russians only want to play with other Russians is silly and not at all supported. Radulov, Bobrovsky, and Panarin all signed UFA deals joining a team with only one other Russian player. Tarasenko and Kucherov also decided to re-sign with a team that had only one other Russian player.

Well not only, but it has a huge part, especially for someone who doesn't talk much english and is new to the culture. There's great comradery between Russians and having teammates from your home country can be a huge boost in locker room chemistry. Russian born posters can confirm or deny this, but as a Finn who has couple of Russian born friends, I feel like my assessment is pretty spot on. Same ofcourse applies for other europeans, especially from countries where the culture is different to the states.

Anyway you don't have to sell Gusev for me (or Palmieri for that matter), I love him and would love to sign him for a long time, I'm just afraid we get Parise'd again with every UFA we have, so my policy is if they don't sign when they can, you look to move them.

Anze Kopitar has no Slovenians on his team, he does just fine!

Name another Slovenian NHL player.. If there was a team that had few Slovanians, you don't think Anze would want to play there?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Well not only, but it has a huge part, especially for someone who doesn't talk much english and is new to the culture. There's great comradery between Russians and having teammates from your home country can be a huge boost in locker room chemistry. Russian born posters can confirm or deny this, but as a Finn who has couple of Russian born friends, I feel like my assessment is pretty spot on. Same ofcourse applies for other europeans, especially from countries where the culture is different to the states.

Anyway you don't have to sell Gusev for me (or Palmieri for that matter), I love him and would love to sign him for a long time, I'm just afraid we get Parise'd again with every UFA we have, so my policy is if they don't sign when they can, you look to move them.

Gusev live in NY, where there are more Russians, than he'll ever need...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad