Nikita Filatov

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
His birthday is 25.5.1990. That means he is eligible for the 2008 entry draft. It was told that right now he is considered as a mid-first rounder.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
i have only seen a one minute video of him against germany, but he sure looked awesome. he has all the tools offensively. dont know much about he's defensive game, but that doesnt really matter right now. its still a over a year until he gets drafted. i would sure love to see the wings draft him.

Rise from the Ashes

Price defies corsi
Sep 13, 2005
Pointe-Claire, QC
i have only seen a one minute video of him against germany, but he sure looked awesome. he has all the tools offensively. dont know much about he's defensive game, but that doesnt really matter right now. its still a over a year until he gets drafted. i would sure love to see the wings draft him.

He tries to stickhandle through everything and is NOT responsible defensively.

CapsWolverinesUSA

Jan 3, 2007
I would say Filatov was only the 3rd or 4th most impressive guy on the Russian U-17 team at the U-17 Four Nations Tournament held in Ann Arbor, Michigan back in November. Kirill Petrov was clearly the class of the team (by a big margin, IMO), but I hear he got hurt?

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
I would say Filatov was only the 3rd or 4th most impressive guy on the Russian U-17 team at the U-17 Four Nations Tournament held in Ann Arbor, Michigan back in November. Kirill Petrov was clearly the class of the team (by a big margin, IMO), but I hear he got hurt?

From what I've heard Filatov was inonsistent this season.

However he was always named as one of the biggest talents of russian 90.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
any chanse he will play in the RSL next season??
He needs to get weight. Technically he's ready. mentally I don't know, Physically he can't play in RSL right now.
And the chance is always there, for example that was a surprise for me that Cherepanov played this season in Omsk. At the beginning of the year he wasn't even TOP 5 russian prospect from 1989 class.

sick

May 18, 2006
Finland
Wow. I'm really impressed with this guy too. He still looks like a pretty young girl tho. ;) But he'll get over that.

Yann

Apr 4, 2007
Ontario
Havent really seen the guy play, but basically he is a very very talented you8ng player, but who needs to get stronger phisycally, maybe mentally and just has to bring his whole game together right? Sounds like a boom or bust!

slade

Jan 4, 2007
18 Winspear Ltd.
for a '90 id say thats pretty damn good.

the fact is hes most likely eating like crap right now- and just getting by on his skills. im never really worried about weight that much...guys can bulk up pretty easily with the right nutrition and training regiment.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Filatov is skinny, and has small bones. He will add weight, but will remain small player.

That's Filatov:

24787080oe3.jpg

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
I'm more worried about how the poster got that photograph.

Seriously, the kid has a superstar's name. How awesome is it? Say it, Nikita Filatov. I'll bet someone that there are scouts out there that rank him higher because it looks sexy.

That's from U18 Gold celebration in some bar.:) I Found this on russian forum.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
there is no chanse in hell the norwegian coaches would allow the players to go to a bar and drink beer after a gold medal in the WJC (i know it will never happen).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad