News Article: Nieds to join Anaheim coaching staff

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
Now we know why he's been leading practices.

I love it...
NiedermayerAnimation.gif

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Assistant coach Scott Niedermayer

:yo::handclap::thumbu::scared::clap::jump::banana::win::cheers::hyper::highclap::vhappy:

EDIT: Yes he'll be behind the bench. Or not lol. I just assumed.

Last edited:

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Well, I like his expanded role but I kind of liked him as a consultant. As a consultant he was always available to help young players like Fowler and Sbisa and always would be. As a coach he will now end up getting fired at some point in time and we likely lose him forever. Is that perverted?

Last edited:

Fuzzy Bunny

Mar 5, 2007
Which coach moves up into the box, Lauer? Or do all 4 stand behind the bench for the game? Seems like that would be a tad crowded but I am not sure if or how many other teams have had 4 standing behind the bench. I know in Ottawa when they had 4 it was Luke Richardson who took a spot up in the booth and contacted with the bench through an ear piece.

RPGrizzly

Jan 5, 2006
While I like his expanded role but I kind of liked him as a consultant. As a consultant he was always available to help young players like Fowler and Sbisa and always would be. As a coach he will now end up getting fired at some point in time and we likely lose him forever. Is that perverted?

No, I know where you're coming from. Nieds excels at everything he does though, so I look at it as he's more likely to get promoted to head coach and stay there for 20 years, than he is to get fired as an assistant :laugh:

It's great news really, his role with the team will is applied even more now and so is his influence. Fowler's mentor now standing over his shoulder all the time should make things a ton easier for him. Plus to have somebody like Scotty who everybody likes and respects leading them again, well I'm sure everybody is excited for that.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
AnaheimDucks: Niedermayer says he will coach the team mostly at home at practices and watch the games from the press box. Won't join on road initially.

icemancometh: Niedermayer said he'll remain at home for practices and games but has invitation to join team on road trips.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Couldn't hurt the PP coaching. Then a again, I think a thousand monkeys with a thousand typewriters could type up a better gameplan.

It seems like he could be good as a positions coach. Sort of like in football. At least to start.

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
AnaheimDucks: Niedermayer says he will coach the team mostly at home at practices and watch the games from the press box. Won't join on road initially.

icemancometh: Niedermayer said he'll remain at home for practices and games but has invitation to join team on road trips.
Now it sounds like he's not a coach at all.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Good news! Maybe Selänne stays as a consultant too after he retires. Would be quite cool seeing Selänne and Niedermayer hanging in the press box with suits on.

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
Scotty is going to be on KNX 1070 at 12:20. The first time I've turned my clock radio on since the last Ducks blackout game.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Still not worthy of Schultzbag's time, but otherwise great news. I guess things in Ducks org. aren't as rotten as some would lead you to believe.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I want to give a big "yay" to this, but we don't really know if he's any good as a coach. Like Eddie said, it may be that I will have preferred him as a consultant rather than as a coach.

Having spent a ton of time under Lamaire can't have hurt, though.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I want to give a big "yay" to this, but we don't really know if he's any good as a coach. Like Eddie said, it may be that I will have preferred him as a consultant rather than as a coach.

Having spent a ton of time under Lamaire can't have hurt, though.

Basically what he still is, by the sounds of it, but with the title of assistant coach, and being a bit more hands on with the big club. I definitely like it, especially with the young defensemen we have coming up.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Basically what he still is, by the sounds of it, but with the title of assistant coach, and being a bit more hands on with the big club. I definitely like it, especially with the young defensemen we have coming up.

He said his focus would be on the younger players. Fowler in particular. Would like to see him work with Vatanen. Maybe teach him to balance his game out a bit.

Next step is to get Penner to be team's dietician.
Bazinga.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA

Exactly. How much did he do as a consultant (actual curiosity)? Like you said, I think this is him doing basically the same thing but more often.

And your second point was going to be my second point. I feel like Scotty could mold our D prospects nicely considering the style of our top D prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad