Nico Hischier or Jack Hughes

Who would you choose

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Just wondering which player people would take if they could only have 1. I'm no Devils fan, but I was wondering. I considered asking Devils fans because they obviously have the best insight, but I thought I'd ask everyone to see if Devils fans opinion is in line with neutral fans opinion.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Habs fans just trolling New Jersey. Last poll was Suzuki vs Hughes.
Hughes is going to be elite.
Not trolling at all? Why would I want to troll NJ? I don't care about any Hughes vs. Suzuki debate. To be entirely honest, with the divisions last year, I did not watch Hughes at all, so I have no idea of his progression. If I knew the answer, I would not ask the question. Based purely on potential, I voted Hughes anyway.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Not looking to troll, guys. I just thought it would be interesting to compare 2 former 1st overall picks playing for the same team and also playing the same position. I haven't watched Hughes at all last year and very little the year before, so I have no idea what he's looking like of late. I know that he has much higher potnetial, but Hischier is a pretty good player himself too. Since I could not watch the Jack Hughes, I decided to ask people who have.

Reactions: Eegs

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Hughes. He's got a lot higher offensive upside. Hischier is a great player, but I don't ever see him becoming a superstar whereas Jack has that potential.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
BB19ZLNI.img

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
I mean, I'd love to have both. It's just so rare that you can get 2 1st overall picks playing for the same team, at the same position and both young players. I was thinking that I would educate myself asking here.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I mean, I'd love to have both. It's just so rare that you can get 2 1st overall picks playing for the same team, at the same position and both young players. I was thinking that I would educate myself asking here.

It's just a meme. Not much to read into man.

I think most reasonable people agree that Jack has more upside, and I personally think he'll pop off this season.

But Nico is fantastic too and it's a good 1-2C combo to have.

Reactions: Rockomax

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
It's just a meme. Not much to read into man.

I think most reasonable people agree that Jack has more upside, and I personally think he'll pop off this season.

But Nico is fantastic too and it's a good 1-2C combo to have.
Absolutely. I'm envious for sure. I hoped that Kotkaniemi could be somewhat close to Hischier. Doesn't look that way to say the least.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
It’s a lot closer than the poll is indicating, a lot of people forget how good Hischier looked out of the gate in 17-18 as a 1C on a bubble in playoff team. I’d probably pick Hughes with a gun to my head between the two due the better offensive creativity and he isn’t far behind defensively imo either.

Reactions: PWiz30 and Rockomax

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
The level of play with say from Hughes this past year is already ahead of anything we've seen from Hischier. And I'm a big Nico fan.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
The pucks didn't go in for Hughes this year but he looked poised to break out as a star. Hischier is good, but I don't think he'll ever be the game-breaker Hughes looks like he's going to be.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Hischier had a nightmare season last year and Hughes took a big step forward so I'd be shocked if many Devils fans have Hischier ahead of Hughes going into 2021-22.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Hughes should win this quite easily, Nico is great but Hughes's upside is waaaay higher

I think Hughes has the potential to be one of the best players in the game, Nico will be a good 2 way center but not out of this world in any area
That being said, Hughes has a much higher chance of busting as well, since Nico is already established

Reactions: 22FUTON9

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Hischier had a nightmare season last year and Hughes took a big step forward so I'd be shocked if many Devils fans have Hischier ahead of Hughes going into 2021-22.

I'd be shocked if any Devil fan that watches games picks Nico, he's great but Hughes with the puck is something else.
Absolutely no surprise that not one person has picked the Devil fan picking Hischier option

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Wouldn’t Nico be more the 200 foot player (Forsberg) and Jack the scorer (Sakic)?

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Nico seems like the type of player who takes a number of years to reach his full potential (thinking Barkov, Couturier, Zibanejad...)
I am still not even convinced that Hughes is a center in this league.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Nico seems like the type of player who takes a number of years to reach his full potential (thinking Barkov, Couturier, Zibanejad...)
I am still not even convinced that Hughes is a center in this league.

He was already excellent playing center as a 19 year old ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad