Nick Suzuki vs 2021 1st overall pick

Would you rather have Nick Suzuki or 2021 1st overall pick moving forward?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Id take any of the top 15 or more picks over Suzuki of course, this poll has to be a dig at something a Habs fan said?

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I don't know anything about the 2021 draft class, i don't even know whose the expected #1 overall pick.

In a vacuum a 1st overall pick >> Suzuki. If this year is particularly weak, I could see the other way around, but it'd be a big stretch. Voted #1 overall

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
What prospect from the 2021 draft do you think has higher potential than Suzuki? The draft class f***ing sucks

Suzuki projects to being a 50-60 point two-way center. Since 2005, how many 1st overall picks have turned out to be worse than that? Yakupov and ...? Basically even in weak years, the 1st overall pick is better than what Suzuki's ceiling projects to be.

Reactions: bh53

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Suzuki projects to being a 50-60 point two-way center. Since 2005, how many 1st overall picks have turned out to be worse than that? Yakupov and ...? Basically even in weak years, the 1st overall pick is better than what Suzuki's ceiling projects to be.

"Suzuki projects to be a 50-60 point center" is a fair statement.
"Suzuki's ceiling is a 50-60 point center" is way underselling him.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Suzuki IS a 50-60 point centre right now.

He projects to be an 85 point guy.

Can’t wait for everyone to be like oh! 85 points! Never!

Watch the Habs play

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
"Suzuki projects to be a 50-60 point center" is a fair statement.
"Suzuki's ceiling is a 50-60 point center" is way underselling him.

Okay, his ceiling is a 60-70 point two-way center. Still doesn't change my post much. He's superior to Yakupov and maybe, if you really want to push things, RNH. Aside from the guys who are too early to tell (Hischier, Hughes, Lafreniere), which 1st overall picks since 2005 is he superior to?

Watch the Habs play

He paced for 48 points last year, he's on pace for 53 points this year. He still hasn't reached the "60" portion of my projection. Yet you're talking about him being an 85 point center.

Do you even realize how few 85 point centers there are in the league?

Reactions: surixon

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Okay, his ceiling is a 60-70 point two-way center. Still doesn't change my post much. He's superior to Yakupov and maybe, if you really want to push things, RNH. Aside from the guys who are too early to tell (Hischier, Hughes, Lafreniere), which 1st overall picks since 2005 is he superior to?

He paced for 48 points last year, he's on pace for 53 points this year. He still hasn't reached the "60" portion of my projection. Yet you're talking about him being an 85 point center.

Do you even realize how few 85 point centers there are in the league?
If Hischier is too early to tell than how can you talk about Suzuki.

I’m comparing Nick Suzuki to the pool of prospects from the worst draft class in 9 years.

Do you understand the word project? The guy is 21.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles

Watch the Habs play
He has one 41 point season and one shortened season were he's pacing for 52 points. Personally, I don't see the elite offensive tools in Suzuki that are needed to be 85 point guy (a marker roughly only a handful of players beat each year) and figure he'll trend toward being a 1B/2A guy like a Bo Horvat.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017

Watch the Habs play

There is no player currently on the Habs and there's no player currently in the Habs system that has a shot at being an 85 point guy. Suzuki might end up being a very good 2nd line C for a great team but he's not the guy you want as your 1C. Also, KK is another Lars Eller in the making. Let the guy carve out a great 3rd line C career. Absolute waste of a 3rd overall pick but the Habs have some history of it. We're currently trying to salvage your last 3rd overall pick failure.

Reactions: Bileur

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
If Hischier is too early to tell than how can you talk about Suzuki.

Well, because Hischier has similar upside. So I can't speak with absolute authority that he will be better or worse than Suzuki, that's why.

I’m comparing Nick Suzuki to the pool of prospects from the worst draft class in 9 years.

Cool, you're still comparing a guy that's still only pacing for 53 points to a potential elite player that goes 1st overall this year. Even "weak" drafts usually have 1 or 2 guys who pan out as elite at the top of them.

Do you understand the word project? The guy is 21.

Do you understand how difficult it is to score 85 points in this league?

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Well, because Hischier has similar upside. So I can't speak with absolute authority that he will be better or worse than Suzuki, that's why.

Cool, you're still comparing a guy that's still only pacing for 53 points to a potential elite player that goes 1st overall this year. Even "weak" drafts usually have 1 or 2 guys who pan out as elite at the top of them.

Do you understand how difficult it is to score 85 points in this league?
Cool. So you’re saying Suzuki will peak at 21? Bro I can’t with HF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia