Player Discussion Nick Suzuki Part 11

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I watch him on On Jase, he comes across ok

I watch him on On Jase, he comes across ok
I don't watch any of those shows and the only reason I'm tuned in to RDS is for post game coverage.
I will however watch the occasional episode that gets posted here.
My single mindedness when it comes to hockey is strictly my own it may wear on some but I can't help that.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Yeah, he's proved it this year.

I was skeptical and honestly didn't think he could step up the way he did. Still felt that way about midseason when he was pacing for his usual sixty something points. But in the second half he destroyed it. Again, some puck luck but his play was just better. It was like something clicked after the All-star game.

This year you saw a lot of media stories with 'Is Suzuki a number one?' and I don't think you'll see that again.

The one thing I wish he'd do is shoot more. I know you've freaked out when I've suggested that we could move him to the wing if we got Cellebrini but honestly, he'd be great there with that shot. I watched a couple of his games with Guelph and he did really well on the wing. Should we be fortunate enough to win the lottery, I hope they consider it because I think he'd be better on the wing for us than Dach would.

I guess we'll see how the draft goes.

Heffyhoof

Jan 17, 2016
Don't look now, he's 27th in forward scoring (31st with d-men) on a bottom 5 team. If I were to count the forwards I consider centres, I see 13 ahead of him in scoring.

Suzuki is a top-30 forward and top-15 centre purely based on offensive numbers. Just you wait until he has a full team behind him and he and his wingers are done developing. He calls Slaf a potential top-5 winger, Suzuki easily has top-10 centre written all over him with the potential for top-5.

Reactions: the valiant effort

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Don't look now, he's 27th in forward scoring (31st with d-men) on a bottom 5 team. If I were to count the forwards I consider centres, I see 13 ahead of him in scoring.

Suzuki is a top-30 forward and top-15 centre purely based on offensive numbers. Just you wait until he has a full team behind him and he and his wingers are done developing. He calls Slaf a potential top-5 winger, Suzuki easily has top-10 centre written all over him with the potential for top-5.
Just wait till the PP is top-10 w Hutson next year…

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017

And tied for 27th overall in goals, despite playmaking being his strongest suit. Big Dick Nick is going to be a legend.

• Love
Reactions: Heffyhoof

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Does anyone know why Suzy turned down the offer to play with Canada at the worlds.....injury, getting married, kid????

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I was down on him early in the year and the season before. I will never doubt Suzuki again, he's an outstanding player who does the jersey and the C proud.
He was always a solid player but he definitely went next level in the 2nd half.

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
Does anyone know why Suzy turned down the offer to play with Canada at the worlds.....injury, getting married, kid????
Probably because he's nursing minor injuries and / or is knackered and needs to spend the off season in some hi-tech rejuvenation tank before carrying on his iron man streak.

Reactions: Habssince89

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad