Rumor: Nick Shore close to a contract

Aug 3, 2010
Despite Calgary's adds to shore up depth this season, I was still hoping they'd re-sign him but I guess they feel a rookie is ready whether it's Mangiapane or Dube.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
He seems like an ok B6 player on the right deal. Can PK and maybe chip in offensively.

I can see the flyers being interested if they feel that Vorobyev, Frost, Vecchione cannot fill that 3C. Stil... even if the sign him, Hakstol will still probably roll Couts-Patrick-Lehtera-Laughton

Reactions: pmwlker

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
he is vanilla but he doesn't get noticed in a bad way either. Definitely should be in the NHL

This.

Worst you can say about shore is that he's boring, low-event. Soft too, I guess. All brains, average physical tools. He's a good bottom sixer and him eating rough minutes is part of the reason Kempe was able to be free to excel.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
This.

Worst you can say about shore is that he's boring, low-event. Soft too, I guess. All brains, average physical tools. He's a good bottom sixer and him eating rough minutes is part of the reason Kempe was able to be free to excel.

Sounds like a less physical Brendan Gaunce with better skating.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
He was fine in Calgary, not sure why they didn’t keep him for depth. Not like his contract was going to kill.

Reactions: super6646

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
I could see the Flyers in on this and let him and Laughton battle it out for the 3C spot.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Not sure why he was a healthy scratch for them so often after acquisition.

I honestly think it had to do with Gulutzan's system. Like, they acquired him, and he sat out like 5 games after being required or something.
Gully's system, especially for centremen was really difficult for some reason. The only two centres he trusted for tough matchups were Backs and the Ragin' Stajan.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad