Value of: Nick Schmaltz

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
I dont know who you think Boqvist is but hes not some stud in the making. If your lucky he turns into a #3 guy. Schmaltz is a 2/3 center. Nylander is definitely worth a 2nd/3rd liner and a #3dman. Also I dont think you understand what driving a line is. Driving a line means you create offence by yourself as well as make the people around you better. Saad doesnt do that. The only player on the Hawks capable of that is Kane and Partially Toews. Schmaltz, DeBrincat, Saad etc are all passengers meaning they are only good when riding shot gun.

you made it abundantly clear you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to prospects. just stop

Reactions: thesaadfather

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Imagine calling DeBrincat a passenger. Saad, okay. Toews, nah. But DeBrincat? Absolutely not.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I dont know who you think Boqvist is but hes not some stud in the making. If your lucky he turns into a #3 guy. Schmaltz is a 2/3 center. Nylander is definitely worth a 2nd/3rd liner and a #3dman. Also I dont think you understand what driving a line is. Driving a line means you create offence by yourself as well as make the people around you better. Saad doesnt do that. The only player on the Hawks capable of that is Kane and Partially Toews. Schmaltz, DeBrincat, Saad etc are all passengers meaning they are only good when riding shot gun.

Well it is abundently clear you have literally have no idea what you are talking about.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
Imagine calling DeBrincat a passenger. Saad, okay. Toews, nah. But DeBrincat? Absolutely not.

To be fair he is a passenger. Just as pretty much every non franchise player. You put Debrincat on a line with guys like kampf and Fortin his numbers will take a dive.

Same with schmaltz if you play him with guys with no finish to their respective games he will struggle.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
i dont think Colorado is ready to sour on Kaut

See what I did there?....

I'll show myself out
giphy.gif

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Stopped reading after first sentence.

You really don’t know how much upside Boqvist has if you are saying that. Ans that’s fine, he may never pan out.

But he has the highest ceiling of Hawks D prospects and highest ceiling of last summer D prospects after Dahlin. He just turned 18, is physically still a little boy but oh well, I guess you havent seen him with the puck.

He is just doing the old "I want a player so im gonna try to trash him in order to try and make fans think I am doing a favor for taking him route."

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Nylander is an established 60 point player with a lot of potential. Schmaltz is a 2/3 centre who will likely top out as a 40-50 point guy. Nylander would add another driver to the Hawks. Schmaltz is just a passenger.

You know that Schmaltz had 52 pts in 78 games as a C last year, right? That’s .66 PPG vs Nylander’s .75 PPG. One plays C while the other play wings, so while I think Nylander holds more value, I don’t think it’s that far off. Especially with Nylander’s ridiculous contract ask.

You don’t know whether Nylander would be able to drive the play in Chicago. He isn’t doing it in Toronto (Matthews is) so there’s a huge question mark there.

Also, you don’t seem to know who Boqvist is. I think Dahlin will be the best D of the 2018 crop and Bouchard/Boqvist/Hughes all close to each other. He’s built for the new NHL playing a prime position.

Value wise, I think the Leafs make out like bandit here.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Meanwhile 70% of Nylander's production in 2017 and 2018 have been with Matthews as his centerman.....
Yeah but Nylander creates space and plays for Matthews. They have chemistry and actually compliment eachother. Schmaltz rides shotgun like Neal did with Malkin.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Stopped reading after first sentence.

You really don’t know how much upside Boqvist has if you are saying that. Ans that’s fine, he may never pan out.

But he has the highest ceiling of Hawks D prospects and highest ceiling of last summer D prospects after Dahlin. He just turned 18, is physically still a little boy but oh well, I guess you havent seen him with the puck.
Yeah he has a high ceiling. But you dont watch hockey if you assume he will just hit it.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Yeah but Nylander creates space and plays for Matthews. They have chemistry and actually compliment eachother. Schmaltz rides shotgun like Neal did with Malkin.

Yeah but Schmaltz uses his speed and great passing skills to create space and plays for Kane. They have chemistry and actually compliment eachother. Nylander rides shotgun like Neal did with Malkin judging on how meh Nylander played away from Matthews.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Yeah he has a high ceiling. But you dont watch hockey if you assume he will just hit it.

Instantly dismisses Boqvist reaching his ceiling, Calls DeBrincat a passenger

Meanwhile instantly assumes Nylander would mesh well with Toews because he played well with Matthews and that Nylander will grow past just a 60 pt player.

Son you dont know hockey based on the dumb generalizations you have made in this thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad