Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
The word on Schmaltz...

1666069382477.gif

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
is he projected to be back anytime soon?
I just have injuries starting to pile up and wondering if he's worth keeping around?

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
is he projected to be back anytime soon?
I just have injuries starting to pile up and wondering if he's worth keeping around?
There's been nothing about him skating, even on his own. My best guess would be he's back on the team after their 14-game road trip, so December 9th vs Boston.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
There's been nothing about him skating, even on his own. My best guess would be he's back on the team after their 14-game road trip, so December 9th vs Boston.
You forgot about the "minor setbacks" pertaining to Coyotes. Around the all-star break. They all like to rush back and aggravate the situation, making things worse!

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Back on the ice by 11/21
GM Bill Armstrong said that defenseman Jakob Chychrun and forward Nick Schmaltz will both return to the lineup on Nov. 21 when the Coyotes open a four-game segment of this 14-game trip in Nashville.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
I'll be interested to see if Guenther ups his game (relatively invisible the past few games) with Schmaltz available or if he sits for the proverbial "see the game from a different perspective".

That said, with them playing 7 D until they tried Dauphin and him going back to Tucson I guess we'll see Guenther and Schmaltz in the lineup. If Kassian comes back I'd guess that's more likely to impact LOB than Guenther.

Need to see more from Guenther in the next 15 or so....

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'll be interested to see if Guenther ups his game (relatively invisible the past few games) with Schmaltz available or if he sits for the proverbial "see the game from a different perspective".

That said, with them playing 7 D until they tried Dauphin and him going back to Tucson I guess we'll see Guenther and Schmaltz in the lineup. If Kassian comes back I'd guess that's more likely to impact LOB than Guenther.

If he goes too cold for too long, they can send him back. They burned an ELC year but not a control year, until game 40, iirc. CHL clubs usually orchestrate big trades right before the Christmas/WJC freeze. Yotes could send him to the WJC and then off to some contender in the Dub. Like Portland, Seattle, Kamloops or Winnipeg.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40

With Schmaltz back, go back to the 12Fs 6Ds format. If they are marketing Schmaltz expect Keller Boyd as his linesmate. Maybe they'll try Maccelli with Guenther. Would like Guenther to be around when (if) Cooley signs after his season. I'm still on the Guenther for the Calder bandwagon and hope he does turn it around so I won't be the only one.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad