Player Discussion Nick Paul (LW)

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
have fun getting that slapshot off from the pressbox

I would have this guy on his strong side on peeper 2 just teeing them off.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
If only he could put all the individual skills together... but maybe he’ll prove me wrong

If the Sens can't make a NHL player out of Paul, somebody else will, just like Chiasson for example.

So... Fast skater, hard shot, and Spezza'esque dangles all add up to healthy scratch on one of the worst teams in the league... nice.

That's what poor coaching staff and team structure does

Reactions: DrEasy

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Nick Paul gets a ton of opportunity tbh

There have been maybe 2 games in his career where he looked okay at the NHL level lol

What are you talking about. He is stuck on the 4th line and plays 8 to 12 minutes a game with 0 special teams, on top of that he gets sent up and down and is a healthy scratch constantly. So hard to get into any kind of rhythm. I really am having a hard time understanding what is going on in this site but this page just feels like people just blindly argue with 0 recourse anymore.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
What are you talking about. He is stuck on the 4th line and plays 8 to 12 minutes a game with 0 special teams, on top of that he gets sent up and down and is a healthy scratch constantly. So hard to get into any kind of rhythm. I really am having a hard time understanding what is going on in this site but this page just feels like people just blindly argue with 0 recourse anymore.

He's earned his call ups. He gets up here and gets stuck in the press box half the time. He has a great game where everyone is talking about how well he played only to be rewarded with another game in the press box.. IMO Boucher has handled him poorly.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Its not like he gets an opportunity.

Last year he saw 85% offensive zone starts, to the tune of 1 point in 11 games. This year over 61%, to the tune of 1 point in 14 games.

He has been put in a great opportunity to produce and has not.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I gave up on him last year, he’s done nothing, he decided to really try this off season, been a little better, noticed him in 2 games, rest meh. 1 point so far in 14 games, trade him for a pick.
Get a 6 th or 7th for him, though he would probably clear waivers.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Last year he saw 85% offensive zone starts, to the tune of 1 point in 11 games. This year over 61%, to the tune of 1 point in 14 games.

He has been put in a great opportunity to produce and has not.
Ignore my previous post completely. When you play 10 minutes a game with the worst players on the team on your line getting a high percentage of o zone starts means absolutely nothing.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I gave up on him last year, he’s done nothing, he decided to really try this off season, been a little better, noticed him in 2 games, rest meh. 1 point so far in 14 games, trade him for a pick.
Get a 6 th or 7th for him, though he would probably clear waivers.
He’s playing so much better than a 6th or 7th lmao

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I still don't know what Nick Paul is. Wouldn't it be smart for the Sens to give him a good run of 20 games or so where he is not scratched, benched or sent down to see what he is? Put him in the position to succeed and see what we got. I mean damn, this is the perfect year to try.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Paul isn't even that good in the AHL

He seems. Like a tweener who is being used as a place holder

Reactions: Tuna99

IlTerrifico

Oct 24, 2016
Regardless of points, this team wins zero board battles, due to thin, generally weak bodies in all positions. At least Paul can up your possession time with some size wins and slot presence. Maybe in a few years his low points make him obsolete on a rising team, but for now he is more impactful than many creampuff, middling talents.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Regardless of points, this team wins zero board battles, due to thin, generally weak bodies in all positions. At least Paul can up your possession time with some size wins and slot presence. Maybe in a few years his low points make him obsolete on a rising team, but for now he is more impactful than many creampuff, middling talents.
Yep the forwards cant maintain possession in the O zone so we spend too much time defending...

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Ignore my previous post completely. When you play 10 minutes a game with the worst players on the team on your line getting a high percentage of o zone starts means absolutely nothing.

You have to prove something to get to the second line you just do not get gifted it. He gets to play in offensive positions against other teams 4th liners and cannot produce so he will not get a chance on the 1st or second line.

Ceci gets 30% O zone starts, largely plays with the same level of offensive players as Paul, plus has to play everyones top players, produces as a top 3 D man, and people say his offense is garbage. Yet Paul gets a better shake, produces nothing and deserves a shot at a top line?

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
You have to prove something to get to the second line you just do not get gifted it. He gets to play in offensive positions against other teams 4th liners and cannot produce so he will not get a chance on the 1st or second line.

Ceci gets 30% O zone starts, largely plays with the same level of offensive players as Paul, plus has to play everyones top players, produces as a top 3 D man, and people say his offense is garbage. Yet Paul gets a better shake, produces nothing and deserves a shot at a top line?

A good coach/organization puts players in positions to succeed. I don't feel like Paul has been given this shot.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Paul has been given plenty of chances to succeed. I rather see Chlappy or Brown up here at some pt tbh

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Paul has been given plenty of chances to succeed. I rather see Chlappy or Brown up here at some pt tbh

Prior to this year perhaps.. Paul has obviously worked hard on himself and his game. Every time he's played this year he has contributed to the team, even in low toi deployments. He has good size and its been used and evident when he's played this year. Boucher likes the Tommy Pyatt types.. The little energizer bunnies, that's probably the type of player he was . I would have no trouble putting Paul with White and Tkachuk as a 3rd line.. 3 NHL rookies (or close to it) and they would create havoc offensively and be forced to learn the defensive game by being thrown in the deep end. Paul can play on the bottom 6 on a lot of teams if given the chance.. A game here and there and watch from the press box is not being given a proper chance.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Prior to this year perhaps.. Paul has obviously worked hard on himself and his game. Every time he's played this year he has contributed to the team, even in low toi deployments. He has good size and its been used and evident when he's played this year. Boucher likes the Tommy Pyatt types.. The little energizer bunnies, that's probably the type of player he was . I would have no trouble putting Paul with White and Tkachuk as a 3rd line.. 3 NHL rookies (or close to it) and they would create havoc offensively and be forced to learn the defensive game by being thrown in the deep end. Paul can play on the bottom 6 on a lot of teams if given the chance.. A game here and there and watch from the press box is not being given a proper chance.
Im sure after the deadline we will see more of paul but i wouldnt say he has earned any sort of extended look

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
He's been given plenty of opportunities and he hasn't made much of them, no doubt there. At the same time, hard to improve when you get benched after your best showing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad