Confirmed with Link: Nick Paul Signs Three Year Entry Level Contract With The Ottawa Senators

shooter11

May 14, 2003
Visit site
Good signing. Need him to continue to develop and time in Bingo will be needed. Your allowed 50 contracts per organization.

Making the WJC team though doesn't always make you a good pro. Look at the 2009 tourney in Ottawa. I count 7 skaters not in the NHL from that team and considering those players would be 24-25 so prime NHL years.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I have a feeling he might the real crutch of the Spezza deal, Chiasson is no slouch but he'll likely top out as a third liner and Guptill is a enigma that is best not counted on too much

Then there's the second round pick which will be quite nice

Since I AM an English teacher, the word you're looking for is "crux". ;) hehe...

Good chance he spends time in bingo. Skating probably needs work and there isn't any room. Even if he is ready we probably won't fnd out.

Solid summer camp, solid sens camp, solid wjc tryout. Definitely good signs.

Yup, feel the same way.

I'd definitely give him Bingo time. There's no rush and he has lots to learn in the ahl.

Agreed.

The return in the Spezza deal is just looking better and better.

To me it will never look "good". I'm glad that some of what we got back looks like they may pan out, though none of what we got back will be close to the star we gave up, no matter how you choose to slice it. I'm ok with it and have moved on, as always.

My opinion.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Good signing. Need him to continue to develop and time in Bingo will be needed. Your allowed 50 contracts per organization.

Making the WJC team though doesn't always make you a good pro. Look at the 2009 tourney in Ottawa. I count 7 skaters not in the NHL from that team and considering those players would be 24-25 so prime NHL years.

He has been a nice surprise. Look forward to watching him in action tonight.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think he is one of the best prospects Ottawa has who isn't a pro yet. I think he will be a great addition to Bingo for next season & he can play centre or left wing. I think they will work with him on his skating as they did with Stone & his skating will improve quite a bit before we see him in Ottawa.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Paul is clearly a key part of Team Canada here. Centres the 3rd line with Fabri and Petan. Plays the top pk unit alongside Lazar. Loved his play, great two way guy and loves to dish out the punishment. Really good wheels for a guy his size.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad