Nick Paul Center or Curtis Lazar Center?

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
There's no guarantee that Nick Paul is going to be an NHL regular. Obviously we hope that is the case, but history is littered with guys who had resumes like his in junior hockey who couldn't make the transition. Let's see how he looks in camp and in Bingo this year before we start projecting him on to an NHL roster.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Paul Pageau Lazar Imagine that as a shutdown line

Nevermind a shutdown line, that's a bonafide third line or 2B line that is a pain to play against and has the power to score as well.

That's what I've always had in mind - IF they all mature and hit their projections. This way you have Paul on the left side, but he can take the left handed faceoffs when need be.

It's almost too perfect to be true. Now...we wait and see if they can develop into true top 9 players (Pageau the exception, he's there IMO).

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
There's no guarantee that Nick Paul is going to be an NHL regular. Obviously we hope that is the case, but history is littered with guys who had resumes like his in junior hockey who couldn't make the transition. Let's see how he looks in camp and in Bingo this year before we start projecting him on to an NHL roster.

Except Paul has the defensive pedigree to go along with a big frame, slick hands, good shot and a decent motor. And most importantly, a great attitude. Prospects that cant transition usually lack some of those key skills he's displayed this year.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
It's still a crapshoot though...

I believe in him myself and think he will be a player in the NHL but then it always comes down to what type of player? Will he be able to score or be involved offensively? We don't know how he will fare in Bingo yet so way too early to tell.

Every team has prospects like us so you could read almost any board and believe there are a hundred players ready to come up and make a big impact but it is always just a handful per season.

No matter what things are changing with this team - fun time to be a fan if you believe the youngsters are going to have us being competitive for a new 10+ year run! I do so I am excited for the changes and upcoming trades (as long as we don't get fleeced...)

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Lazar seems to be, based on my few readings, considered the better of the two defensively so it makes sense for him to be at C is this remains true if they both end up being regulars in Ottawa no? Well LAzar will likely be even if his offense doesn't pick up but Paul not making the jump to the NHL is still very much a possibility

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
This is for if they play together in bingo next year. What would you rather see

I have said it many times before that I think Lazar will start the yr in Bingo & I think he will play centre hopefully between Paul & Lindberg.

I have a feeling Paul will pass Pageau in the depth charts in the near future

Or Lazar could pass Pageau IMO.

BigBush*

I have said it many times before that I think Lazar will start the yr in Bingo & I think he will play centre hopefully between Paul & Lindberg.

Or Lazar could pass Pageau IMO.

Possibly. I see Lazar as a career winger though. Isn't that where he played mostly in junior? Seems like he is being groomed into a bit of a power forward. He was one of our hardest hitting forchecker this season.

He is a decent center as well though

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Curious, how well does a junior player's faceoff abilities translate to the pros?

MacArthur - Turris - Stone

Hoffman - Zibanejad - Ryan

Prince - Pageau - Lazar

Puempel - Paul - Chiasson

We're in tough, trying to get rid of Neil and Greening. Doubt we let Condra go for nothing either.

BigBush*

Curious, how well does a junior player's faceoff abilities translate to the pros?

We're in tough, trying to get rid of Neil and Greening. Doubt we let Condra go for nothing either.
Niel is the perfect 13th forward IMO. I hope we don't trade him.

Condra is a UFA. Hes gone... For nothing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad