Confirmed with Link: Nick Leddy signed by Blues (4/$16m)

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
boo.gif

Reactions: tfriede2 and Vektor

Prosaic

Sep 11, 2020
The Blues are currently committing 23.5M to a top 4 consisting of:
30 year old Faulk
29 year old Parayko
31 year old Krug
31 year old Leddy

All signed for the next four seasons....yikes.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Cheap as can be expected, so that is good. I still despise this deal.

I officially dislike 1/3 of our D. If Perunovich gets a full time spot, it will be half. I am pretty much neutral on Faulk. I only like Bortz and Parry. Uggh. That's tough as I cheer for a team because of the players, not the crest.

Reactions: The Note

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
This wouldn't be my top choice to fix the LD problem, but it is far from the worst thing that we could have done about the LD today (or this summer in general). The D is better with him than with a hole there and I think Leddy at 4x4 is absolutely a better deal than any other player available to sign this year or next.

I'm interested to see who the last couple D on the roster wind up being and I'm interested about what this means for Krug's medium-term future with the Blues.

Reactions: Blueston

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
I'm fine with this by itself. Not so fine when you look at the cap hit for our LDs all together. A lot of inefficient cap dollars being spent there.

Reactions: mk80

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Ok with this.

I like the top 4 individually, but not collectively. Something still needs to be done though.

Part of me wonders if this is the Bozak leading up to the ROR move, or if our D is basically set with what we got and we just drop one of the 8.
Something had to be done to bring at least Leddy or a similar caliber player in. Otherwise, LD would be a mess.

This signing is only a band-aid if nothing else is done.

The Grouch

Jan 31, 2009
Krug - Faulk
Leddy - Parayko
Scandella - Bortuzzo
Perunovich - Mikkola
Rosen

That's a gaggle of defensemen. Only Perunovich is exempt from waivers.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Part of me wonders if this is the Bozak leading up to the ROR move, or if our D is basically set with what we got and we just drop one of the 8.

Who are the Berglund and Sobotka we can move out to afford RoR? We can move Scandella but we still don't have the cap for a better guy. Scandella and Barby covers Chycrun but not Provorov, or anyone else. Krug would have to go and he'd be gone if he was willing to waive.

Krug - Faulk
Leddy - Parayko
Scandella - Bortuzzo
Perunovich - Mikkola
Rosen

That's a gaggle of defensemen. Only Perunovich is exempt from waivers.

I wouldn't be surprised if we carried 8 and ran 7 D a good bit to shelter Perunovich like we did in the playoffs.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
What you’re wondering is what I’m hoping because I’m fairly whelmed with this top-4 as is.

It’s far from bad. But it lacks something more that I think the team desperately needs. What that more is could be a lot of different things depending on how Armstrong envisions the defense to operate. But right now, I still want more.

Reactions: SwivelSchwartz

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I'm thinking based on this we might have our group set on defense....

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Would absolutely love this deal if there's more to follow

I'm thinking based on this we might have our group set on defense....

Possibly, but could also be Armstrong simply posturing and being patient instead of revealing his hand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad