Confirmed with Link: Nick Lardis (3 year elc $896k aav)

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_8177.jpeg

Hawkey

Sep 15, 2005
Why the rush to sign him? Is the OHL or his team not good for his development. Is he going to develop in the minors properly since he is on the small side and young?

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Why the rush to sign him? Is the OHL or his team not good for his development. Is he going to develop in the minors properly since he is on the small side and young?
I'm not sure the exact reasoning for the specific timing, but with CHL players they have two years to sign from the Draft and it's not uncommon to sign them beforehand, bring them into a training camp and then assign them back to the Junior team and slide their ELC until their age 20 season. I don't know if there are more nuanced CBA considerations to wait to sign.

Reactions: hawksrule

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I'm not sure the exact reasoning for the specific timing, but with CHL players they have two years to sign from the Draft and it's not uncommon to sign them beforehand, bring them into a training camp and then assign them back to the Junior team and slide their ELC until their age 20 season.
A little gift for them. I think (not sure though) that they get a bit of a signing bonus every year they are on the elc even if the contract slides

giza

Jul 19, 2011
I'm still shocked he was available in the 3rd round----absolutely a fast, great skater with a penchant for scoring......what a draft that could turn out to be.

Reactions: hawksrule

CapitalistInfidel

Jan 7, 2013
I'm still shocked he was available in the 3rd round----absolutely a fast, great skater with a penchant for scoring......what a draft that could turn out to be.
I had him as a late 1st rounder. When he Hawks passed on him with their 2nd second round pick I was disappointed, so much so I stopped watching the draft. Didn’t find out we got him until the following day

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad