Injury Report: Nick Grossmann has a concussion, out an additional 2-to-3 weeks from April 10

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Is Gus still hurt or something? Any special reason he isn't being given playing time in the NHL?

hes playing. Picked up an assist and was a +1 in Sundays game in ADK.
Gotta play the vets tho. Even if they suck.

Gervais 409 GP 16G 68A 180 PIMS -76
Foster 392 GP 42G 118A 160 PIMS -30

Gustafsson 44 GP 1 G 6A 8 PIMS +6

yep Gervais and Foster are fine options for every day +6 options over Gustafsson. LOL

Last edited:

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
hes playing. Picked up an assist and was a +1 in Sundays game in ADK.
Gotta play the vets tho. Even if they suck.

Gervais 409 GP 16G 68A 180 PIMS -76
Foster 392 GP 42G 118A 160 PIMS -30

Gustafsson 44 GP 1 G 6A 8 PIMS +6

yep Gervais and Foster are fine options for every day +6 options over Gustafsson. LOL

Agreed. It makes no sense to stick Gustafsson in the minors when now is the perfect opportunity to let him show what he can do on the Flyers.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Fans:

Agreed. It makes no sense to stick Gustafsson in the minors when now is the perfect opportunity to let him show what he can do on the Flyers.

Homer/Lavi: It makes no sense to play young guys when we have so much experience sitting on the bench. So much sweet, succulent, old, washed up, painful-to-watch experience.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Holmgren -- Q and A w/media (March 30)

Do you anticipate Danny Briere (concussion) and/or Nick Grossmann (upper body injury) will play again this season?

“I don’t know about Danny. Grossmann, I do anticipate him back. It certainly won’t be tomorrow.”

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
Dave Isaac ‏@davegisaac

Grossmann in a normal (not no-contact) jersey today. I bet he plays.

Woohoo!!!!

I'm stil l waiting for that autographed, game used Grossmann stick I bought from the Flyers Charity. They are apparently still waiting for boxes to ship :shakehead

Anyway - I am super glad to see him back and better

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Would be nice to see Grossmann back in the lineup, hope they don't ship Gusty back to the minors though, he has been solid.

I'd assume Grossmann be in for Lauridsen (or Timonen if he can't go).

Timonen-Schenn
Grossmann-Gervais
Gus-Huskins

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Would be nice to see Grossmann back in the lineup, hope they don't ship Gusty back to the minors though, he has been solid.

I can all but guarantee Lauridsen would be the odd man out and I think that's evident based on their ice time recently. Gus has been showing off his offensive skills and was rewarded with a fortuitous bounce the other day. He also takes less penalties and honestly at this point is better in his own zone too. Only thing the Dane has on Gus is size/physicality but unfortunately for him that won't be enough to keep him in the lineup when Grossmann returns IMO.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
If gross still doesn't play tomorrow and kimmo can't go I wonder who we'll see. I assume foster. That would be a brutal d. Having Schenn and Gus (who replaced kimmo as Schenn's parter in the 3rd last night) as your 1st pairing is not ideal to say the least

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Figures, just shut him down and let him get healthy for next year. They went from him possibly playing this week to the Flyers being very quiet about his situation today to he's now got a concussion.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
We have to be in the top 3 for man games lost. I'm pretty sure Ottawa has us beat, and maybe Columbus...though at this point I wouldn't be surprised if we took the number 1 or 2 spot.

Edit: Nope! 4th; and I forgot about Florida. Apparently Detroit leads the league, I didn't know they were so banged up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad