Proposal: Nick Foligno

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Curious as to what Columbus would want for him?

Would something around him and Matt Niskanen work? He has a cap hit of 2.3m, and will be a UFA next season. He's 26 yrs old. I know Columbus has a strong D core, but I'm not sure what else Pens could realistically offer.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Not only do we have a strong D core, but Fogger is among the core identity of this team and is largely thought of as a key piece. We also have a shortage of forwards with his ability. So ask yourself why on Earth we would trade him for a redundant defenseman?

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Not only do we have a strong D core, but Fogger is among the core identity of this team and is largely thought of as a key piece. We also have a shortage of forwards with his ability.

Wasn't aware of that. I don't watch the Jackets unless they're playing the Pens, so I have no clue what their needs are or aren't.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I wouldn't trade Foligno for a pile of Niskanen's. I can't even think of a realistic asking price for a deal with Pittsburgh. Maybe Orpik, but he has only one year left on his deal.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I wouldn't trade Foligno for a pile of Niskanen's. I can't even think of a realistic asking price for a deal with Pittsburgh. Maybe Orpik, but he has only one year left on his deal.

I'd probably do that, however he has a limited NTC. And the fact that he's in the last year of his deal would probably turn JK off.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Unless he's part of a deal that brings back a 30 goal scorer, I doubt anything is going to happen. So unless you are looking to clear up cap space by trading Neil, as an example, there really isn't anything to talk about. Since you aren't, there isn't. There is no reason to think Bennett would be in play.

I have no idea why someone around here even brought up Orpik.

Overall, nada.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Unless he's part of a deal that brings back a 30 goal scorer, I doubt anything is going to happen. So unless you are looking to clear up cap space by trading Neil, as an example, there really isn't anything to talk about. Since you aren't, there isn't. There is no reason to think Bennett would be in play.

I have no idea why someone around here even brought up Orpik.

Overall, nada.

Yeah, this more closely resembles my position than my earlier post.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Wasn't aware of that. I don't watch the Jackets unless they're playing the Pens, so I have no clue what their needs are or aren't.

Seems like it might be a good idea to look into this before making a proposal. :sarcasm:

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
its me spending too much time on the trade board...too many ppl on HF just throwing names out like the second part of his post saying Niskinen...i have no problems coming in to see if there's any value, but the OP wasn't prepared to discuss anything b/c he didn't have any knowledge of the other teams' needs...

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
So instead of asking asking what it would take to get a player, and if something around player X would work... I should ask... what exactly?

Maybe consider whether the player would really be available then perhaps consider what the needs may be. I generally think most HF trade discussion is a waste of time. It's particularly goofy to me when the proposal involves a player that a team has no reason to move.

For instance, you mention the CBJ's strength in defenseman and then offer ....a defenseman. o_O

I don't mean to sound "harsh", it's nothing personal. I just never get this kind of thing when it's so far from reality. I should probably stay out of these kinds of threads to begin with.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Maybe consider whether the player would really be available then perhaps consider what the needs may be. I generally think most HF trade discussion is a waste of time. It's particularly goofy to me when the proposal involves a player that a team has no reason to move.

For instance, you mention the CBJ's strength in defenseman and then offer ....a defenseman. o_O

I don't mean to sound "harsh", it's nothing personal. I just never get this kind of thing when it's so far from reality. I should probably stay out of these kinds of threads to begin with.

OT... I lke that new Av... sort of reminds of season one season tickets...

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Personally unless someone comes here and asks about Umberger or Nikitin I think they should save their effort and go play elsewhere. Don't they know all of our guys are untouchables or near untouchables?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
This whole forum is just toxic.

Have no idea whether the FO might want to move Foligno, but I sure don't. We'd have to replace him at forward, so there's that. Not really sure there's a deal to be made there.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
This whole forum is just toxic.

Have no idea whether the FO might want to move Foligno, but I sure don't. We'd have to replace him at forward, so there's that. Not really sure there's a deal to be made there.

Foligno was one of the guys I credited for contributing to our amazing season turn... I won't say trading him is out of the question but if so it better be a good deal, I want to keep Foligno, I like his family NHL pedigree and I like his heart...

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Foligno was one of the guys I credited for contributing to our amazing season turn... I won't say trading him is out of the question but if so it better be a good deal, I want to keep Foligno, I like his family NHL pedigree and I like his heart...

Agreed. I love that guy.

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
I can think of one guy that says nyet

Yup. Foligno and Bob seem to have a good friendship, something I noticed from the very first game. Nick is almost always the last guy to go up to him and he lingers with him longer. One of the pictures on NHL.com showed Bob with Nick and even through Bob's mask you can see him having a huge smile.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad