Former Bruins Nick Foligno II

Stu Pidassle

Feb 7, 2013
Boston North Shore
The offseason strategy to build forward depth to be able to have 4 legitimate lines for the playoffs has more or less worked out. Hopefully Foligno's value will surface when the games become much more physical. It would be good to see him help wear down opposing defensemen over the course of 7 games. It is comforting to have Blidh at the ready if Foligno can't keep up with the pace of play.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Patrice Bergeron openly recruited Foligno here and I’m sure it was a veteran leadership thing

I should say I’m shocked we have dissenters hoping for injuries but the events of the past 2 years showed me up messed up people are

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Exactly. Keep them both fresh and engaged and then you start Foligno in the playoffs.

I have a feeling he’s going to be solid in the playoffs.
I think Foligno has been playing better lately and I hope that trend continues he could be a much needed physical presence during the playoffs . I have always been a fan of Folignos' I just wish he was playing for the Bruins earlier in his career. I just wish Sweeney would stop paying for players like Foligno and Backes for what they did for other teams. I have respect for both players but....... The money he has paid these two guys he should have kept Lucic ,just saying

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I think Foligno has been playing better lately and I hope that trend continues he could be a much needed physical presence during the playoffs . I have always been a fan of Folignos' I just wish he was playing for the Bruins earlier in his career. I just wish Sweeney would stop paying for players like Foligno and Backes for what they did for other teams. I have respect for both players but....... The money he has paid these two guys he should have kept Lucic ,just saying

What?

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Blidh and Foligno have basically the same stats with Blidh having 20 less games played.

Foligno was on the 2nd and 3rd line not to mention the 1st unit PP.

It should be clear that Blidh earned his spot over foligno at this point. Those hoping he suddenly can play better in the playoffs are way off base. He’s already a step behind, how can you possibly think he will look when the games are faster and more physical?

Foligno can be a leader from the press box.

Last edited:

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I’m just curious if the injury early on has affected him negatively and still is. He looks better as the season is closing out. If he finds his game he will be an asset come playoffs

Reactions: TCB

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I’m just curious if the injury early on has affected him negatively and still is. He looks better as the season is closing out. If he finds his game he will be an asset come playoffs
IMO it's totally age and health with him. He was hurt what, game 2, and then has been on and off injured reserve since.

If he can play healthy then he's in. If his body's breaking down and he cant go then there are some alternatives.

loosemoose

May 31, 2020
To be honest if his cap hit was 1.5 million I'd appreciate him a lot more. He's still a good defensive forward, just a complete black hole offensively. As long as he's not anywhere near the powerplay, he's generally a net positive influence on the ice.

The sad thing is that the Bruins are going to lose assets in the summer because of his cap hit, since they can't afford to fit in Bergeron's next contract without making new cap space by dumping someone.

Reactions: Mad Dr Pepper

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
The injury early in the season plus how wild the schedule was really impacted him.

The older guys need a routine from the start and he didn't get that. He also didn't have a set role and when you are new to this system, it only adds to the struggle.

He started to play better and then he was concussed.

Since then, he's been playing much better and should have a few goals but they just aren't going in.

Foligno is built for the playoffs and imo, he's going to peak at just the right time.

He'll be on the team next year as well. I suspect he'll hang them up after next season.

There is no one more upset and disappointed in his lack of production than Nick himself.

Reactions: Ritmo

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
87DB4996-2FB4-4502-A886-F30519EFCE42.jpeg

Reactions: hrdpuk

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

Might as well keep him... and just be smart about it (future vet pickups)

If Bergy stays for another season (get his 1000 game)... he would want Foligno to be on the team

If Bergy doesnt return. Bruins have extra income to sign guys like Blidh and other help. Likely wont be able to land a good C (because 2022 UFA center availability is thin).

Reactions: 13Hockey

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Where has anyone said they were hoping foligno got injured? All I’ve seen is people say start blidh over him and healthy healthy scratch him

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
all you see is all you can see.
whereas I can see all that has been deleted.
nothing ever truly goes away.
Ahh makes sense it got deleted. That’s unfortunate someone is even entertaining that thought.

Was thinking it was some Twitter cesspool thing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad