Thornton-Spezza-Simmonds

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I wouldn’t mind something like this

Nylander-Matthews-Marner
Mikheyev-Kerfoot-Hyman
Foligno-Nash-Engvall
Thornton-Spezza-Simmonds

We need to get Nash in for some reps but he's simply not that useful unless we have a matchup to worry about. Montreal has 4x third lines.

Reactions: Nylander88

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
We need to get Nash in for some reps but he's simply not that useful unless we have a matchup to worry about. Montreal has 4x third lines.
Might be good to have with the Habs having last change for the next two. He's solid defensively. Question is who draws out?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Might be good to have with the Habs having last change for the next two. He's solid defensively. Question is who draws out?

If the Leafs build a big series lead I wouldn't mind giving him a rep but wouldn't be messing around too much with the formula as of now. Up to good pro Nash to keep himself game ready.

Reactions: The Apologist

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
If the Leafs build a big series lead I wouldn't mind giving him a rep but wouldn't be messing around too much with the formula as of now. Up to good pro Nash to keep himself game ready.
I guess it depends on if other good pros start showing up to play too. There is still a portion that have been MIA.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Nylander is simply put NOT an NHL caliber centre. I would be amazed if they even thought about playing him at that position.
i dont know if you have ever seen him as a center, but i personally believe hes actually a more effective player at center. he hasnt played there much but everytime he does his game has looked great, he seems to simplify his approach when he plays center and does alot less fancy stuff.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Honestly thought that I would see a thread on this subject already, but there wasn't.

Did seeing Foligno as the second line center catch anyone else off guard? For some reason, I thought Foligno was exclusively a winger. How did you guys feel about his performance last night? For me, I was really surprised how well Foligno performed on the faceoff dot.
Foligno was primarily a center who played the wing. Had we brought in Hall instead, kerfoot would be #2, and nash #3.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
i dont know if you have ever seen him as a center, but i personally believe hes actually a more effective player at center. he hasnt played there much but everytime he does his game has looked great, he seems to simplify his approach when he plays center and does alot less fancy stuff.

? - Yes I've seen him play centre every time the Maple Leafs played him there. It is a recipe for disaster. Nylander needs a 200' complete player like Tavares with him.

William Nylander is not an NHL caliber centre.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
N
Nash is useful on the pk and the faceoff dot. They need to put him on the wing.

1) Saves spezza from having to jump on and off just for the faceoff.
2) Saves marner from getting physically taxed on the pk.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
? - Yes I've seen him play centre every time the Maple Leafs played him there. It is a recipe for disaster. Nylander needs a 200' complete player like Tavares with him.

William Nylander is not an NHL caliber centre.
disagree, gonna leave it at that.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
disagree, gonna leave it at that.

Yes we'll have to. Go Leafs Go, even with this late breaking news that Foligno can't play tonight I highly doubt they'll slot Nylander there. My guess is they'll go with Nash even though he's only ever played one game with the team.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Yes we'll have to. Go Leafs Go, even with this late breaking news that Foligno can't play tonight I highly doubt they'll slot Nylander there. My guess is they'll go with Nash even though he's only ever played one game with the team.
ye probably, i wouldnt touch that 3rd line, they have been great all year when together.

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
I wouldn’t mind something like this

Nylander-Matthews-Marner
Mikheyev-Kerfoot-Hyman
Foligno-Nash-Engvall
Thornton-Spezza-Simmonds

I prefer this

Hyman-Matthews-Marner (Hyman and Foligno can swap positions when needed)
Nylander-Galchenyuk-Kerfoot (Keep this line together)
Foligno-Nash-Mikheyev\Engvall (the shutdown line)
Thornton-Spezza-Simmonds\Brooks\Robertson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad