Signing(s): Nick Foles with the Jaguars (4 years, $88 million)

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
The only other option was trade for Joe Flacco or draft a QB high and pray it works.

Bringing back Bortles would have started a riot.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I'm guessing its structured as a 2 year deal in the event he sucks and isn't that great?

Thats a ton of money for a team that was bidding against themselves.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
*sighs*

I hope it works, I'm just not that confident. Like someone else said, feels like a ton of money considering we were essentially bidding against ourselves.

Oh well, at the very least it should be an upgrade on Blake Bortles. Better kill it on the draft in upgrading....well basically everything on offense.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
*sighs*

I hope it works, I'm just not that confident. Like someone else said, feels like a ton of money considering we were essentially bidding against ourselves.

Oh well, at the very least it should be an upgrade on Blake Bortles. Better kill it on the draft in upgrading....well basically everything on offense.

I'm scared. :scared:

Should've signed Teddy for like $40M less in guarantees.

I know it's easy to say now, but if you guys knew people that I knew IRL, they would tell you that I wanted the Jags to draft Mack that year and trade up into the back of the first for Teddy.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'm not totally writing it off immediately because whatever he is has to be better than Bortles. Plus, he'll have the same OC that he did for the best part of his success in Philly, but yeah not great lol.

Oh, I think it's an upgrade for sure. I just think it's way too much money even though he may have gotten close to the same somewhere else.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Bortles still has another 5-10 years as a backup/fringe starter in the NFL to go.
I was mostly joking, but I don't know about another 5-10 years. Maybe 5, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. I think he'll be a lot like Mark Sanchez in this regard. A 2nd/3rd string QB for the next 2-3 seasons then maybe out of the league until a team needs an emergency QB. He's simply not that good, and doesn't seem to care about football too much.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I was mostly joking, but I don't know about another 5-10 years. Maybe 5, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. I think he'll be a lot like Mark Sanchez in this regard. A 2nd/3rd string QB for the next 2-3 seasons then maybe out of the league until a team needs an emergency QB. He's simply not that good, and doesn't seem to care about football too much.

Grossman was god awful and hung around league for nearly a decade after his one year as Bears starting QB because of two things

1) Being a 1st round QB
2) Having "Playoff experience"

Bortles will linger around league for a lot longer then you think

Hell EJ Manuel just signed with Chiefs today and that guy was garbage and busted years ago

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad