Player Discussion Nick Cousins: Wut Up, Cuz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Nick-Cousins.jpg

cut.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-13_9-4-43.jpeg
    upload_2019-7-13_9-4-43.jpeg
    12.4 KB · Views: 1

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
We have a 4th line finisher!! :sarcasm:

When Nick was a 9-year old kid going to elementary school in Belleville, I went and did phase training @ CFB Trenton for two months in the Summer and I really enjoyed Belleville as a town. Drove the MX-6 LS V6 to Matt & Joe's and back on Friday nights, and they also had this.. interesting place called The Cabaret at the time. Good times, takes me back a bit.

Reactions: Eegs

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Yippee yahooey more 4th line extravaganzas, I could hardly contain myself. :vhappy:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I think we're going to like this player.

So do I. For me, one of MB's goals was to ensure his Bottom-6 is full of players with NHL experience and not bank on AHL types with minimal NHL experience. He did that by signing Peca and being forced to give Agostino and Chaput extended looks. He tried to avoid having to relive those scenarios. Last year, CJ couldn't trust is 4th line much because even if they looked good initially, after a while, they started being exposed. And this forced him to overuse his top lines.

MB fixed that after he acquired Thompson and Weal before the deadline last year. And by extending them and signing Cousins, he's added players for his 4th line with a lot more NHL experience. Thompson has 697 GP, Weal has 169 GP, and Cousins has 259 GP. That's 1125 NHL games played between the three of them. CJ would trust them much more.

And even if Poehling cracks the Habs line-up out of camp, even if he has 1 NHL game under his belt, he'd have guys around him who have enough experience that it would help shelter him rather than expose him would he end up being on a line with the Pecas, Agostinos, and Chaputs of the league.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
So do I. For me, one of MB's goals was to ensure his Bottom-6 is full of players with NHL experience and not bank on AHL types with minimal NHL experience. He did that by signing Peca and being forced to give Agostino and Chaput extended looks. He tried to avoid having to relive those scenarios. Last year, CJ couldn't trust is 4th line much because even if they looked good initially, after a while, they started being exposed. And this forced him to overuse his top lines.

MB fixed that after he acquired Thompson and Weal before the deadline last year. And by extending them and signing Cousins, he's added players for his 4th line with a lot more NHL experience. Thompson has 697 GP, Weal has 169 GP, and Cousins has 259 GP. That's 1125 NHL games played between the three of them. CJ would trust them much more.

And even if Poehling cracks the Habs line-up out of camp, even if he has 1 NHL game under his belt, he'd have guys around him who have enough experience that it would help shelter him rather than expose him would he end up being on a line with the Pecas, Agostinos, and Chaputs of the league.

And yet, the team did much better early in the year, and faltered down the stretch (with these so-called 4th line upgrades).

Your assessment of his intentions may well be right, and that is exactly why he's useless as a GM.

Reactions: LaP

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
And yet, the team did much better early in the year, and faltered down the stretch (with these so-called 4th line upgrades).

Your assessment of his intentions may well be right, and that is exactly why he's useless as a GM.

You're not wrong that they were better at the start than in the end. But when both Thompson and Weal were in the line-up, they went 9-6-1 in 16 games. I think that if they stuck with Agostino and Chaput and playing Peca more regularly, they'd have been in worse shape.

But I think having them from the start now rather than in the end should give them more consistency.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
You're not wrong that they were better at the start than in the end. But when both Thompson and Weal were in the line-up, they went 9-6-1 in 16 games. I think that if they stuck with Agostino and Chaput and playing Peca more regularly, they'd have been in worse shape.

But I think having them from the start now rather than in the end should give them more consistency.

Wasn't 8-6-1? Thompson sat out that last, meaningless game.

Either way, the emphasis and attention to depth players is problematic & imo symptomatic of a manager who, without a clue of how to handle the important roster challenges, spends an inordinate amount of time & focus on depth/marginal impact moves....

Cousins, weal, Thompson et. caliber players are easily and readily available anytime... signing them early only cost us more and meant his focus & time was being spent away from where it should've been... Actually improving the roster.

But, hey, throw enough darts and eventually you hit something. Maybe cousins has a breakthrough year, becomes a top 6 contributor, and MB looks like a genius... In his own mind.

Reactions: LaP

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Remember when we stole former first rounder Hunter Shinkaruk from Calgary?

It was the other way around.

Shinkaruk stole our dreams of catching lightning in a bottle.

But Cousins will be different. You wait and see. He's like family. And family doesn't let you down. :sarcasm:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
It was the other way around.

Shinkaruk stole our dreams of catching lightning in a bottle.

But Cousins will be different. You wait and see. He's like family. And family doesn't let you down. :sarcasm:

Yeah, my anticipation hasn't been this high since Dwight King took us to the next level. Karakter baby, we got some more now.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Wasn't 8-6-1? Thompson sat out that last, meaningless game.

Either way, the emphasis and attention to depth players is problematic & imo symptomatic of a manager who, without a clue of how to handle the important roster challenges, spends an inordinate amount of time & focus on depth/marginal impact moves....

Cousins, weal, Thompson et. caliber players are easily and readily available anytime... signing them early only cost us more and meant his focus & time was being spent away from where it should've been... Actually improving the roster.

But, hey, throw enough darts and eventually you hit something. Maybe cousins has a breakthrough year, becomes a top 6 contributor, and MB looks like a genius... In his own mind.

Yep Thompson did not play the last game. Poehling scored 3 goals and the game did not mean anything for the Laffs they could not gain or lose a position.

Excluding the last game that did not mean anything to anyone (and was basically a pre-season game for the series) and starting march 5th the first game Weal played with us we finished the season with a 8-6-1 record. This is good for 17 points in 15 games. So over 82 games this is 93 points so likely not enough to make the playoffs.

Reactions: Miller Time

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Yep Thompson did not play the last game. Poehling scored 3 goals and the game did not mean anything for the Laffs they could not gain or lose a position.

Excluding the last game that did not mean anything to anyone (and was basically a pre-season game for the series) and starting march 5th the first game Weal played with us we finished the season with a 8-6-1 record. This is good for 17 points in 15 games. So over 82 games this is 93 points so likely not enough to make the playoffs.
there was that girl on a France TV show that was seriously explaining that there were more than one moon, because she was travelling in America and saw a moon the nigh she left , and when she arrived in France there was also a moon . So she proved that there are 2 moons at least :huh:
... as logical as your post :laugh:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
there was that girl on a France TV show that was seriously explaining that there were more than one moon, because she was travelling in America and saw a moon the nigh she left , and when she arrived in France there was also a moon . So she proved that there are 2 moons at least :huh:
... as logical as your post :laugh:

I'll help you. Someone said we played better with Weal and Thompson in the lineup. But the end result is we did not get more points. Thompson did not play the last game so that game was ignored because well ... he did not ***** play it!

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
I'll help you. Someone said we played better with Weal and Thompson in the lineup. But the end result is we did not get more points. Thompson did not play the last game so that game was ignored because well ... he did not ***** play it!
I' ll help you .We play better on the 4th line with them . You see ?

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I' ll help you .We play better on the 4th line with them . You see ?

Thompson and Weal are good solid additions,played very well down the stretch. Weal can play on other lines as well beside the last.
Any particular reason foe the user name change? current one might seem? ......... to some.But none of my business BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad