Confirmed with Link: Nick Cousins 2-year Extension $1M AAV

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
First he's got to prove he's a center and a useful NHL player. I'm surprised he got a multi year deal. I like Cousins but this looks like a pretty big statement of faith by the organization.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
First he's got to prove he's a center and a useful NHL player. I'm surprised he got a multi year deal. I like Cousins but this looks like a pretty big statement of faith by the organization.

He draws penalties and is a good 4th liner. Generates shots for his limited usage.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

He had more points than Duclair.:laugh: I don't think it is a gamble at all. He has been improving every year, but is weak in the dot like most of the Coyotes but he is young and should/ hopefully improve there. Reading some of the Flyers posts, he brings other elements to his game besides points.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
He draws penalties and is a good 4th liner. Generates shots for his limited usage.

This is what he's shown not what he's proven. I like Cousins. I'm glad we picked him up and I admire his game. I'm saying a multi year, multi million, one way deal if a huge sign of faith from management. I'm saying that Chayka must really believe in this kid. It's not a huge contract but it's rather nice contract for someone who can still be categorized as a fringe player at this point.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
This is what he's shown not what he's proven. I like Cousins. I'm glad we picked him up and I admire his game. I'm saying a multi year, multi million, one way deal if a huge sign of faith from management. I'm saying that Chayka must really believe in this kid. It's not a huge contract but it's rather nice contract for someone who can still be categorized as a fringe player at this point.

There are worse gambles.

Chayka specifically traded for him, so he must have an angle. He's also 23, so the likelihood of him dropping off the map completely is very low. This isn't Matt Read. The second year is there so that if it all goes to plan, you have a player that's on a cheap deal. He's making 400k above the minimum and would be easy enough to flush if he's outright bad. I don't think he will be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad