Nick Boynton Players Tribune article.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Pretty sobering thoughts about repetitive head trauma.

I can recall an incident over 35 years ago where I got my bell rung while playing. I had to come up with the date if I wanted to resume. I couldn't and we all laughed. Once I could, several minutes later, I went back into the game.

I can only imagine if this had occurred multiple times.

Luckily that mentality is changing.

GBHockey

Jun 2, 2018
It's a truly saddening read and as much as I wish these players didn't have to suffer what they are suffering, I hope more speak out and make their voices heard.

The NHL and IIHF seem pretty backwards in attempting to deal with head trauma and prevention. Behind the scenes they could be doing research and testing on new equipment and technologies etc. but on the surface it appears that neither are interested in tackling the problem and guys like Boynton are essentially swept under the carpet until they themselves speak out.

It was great to read that he's finding his feet in seeing and working towards a brighter future too though and I hope he, Carcillo and others will work together and keep fighting.

Chrisinroch

Jan 5, 2013
The Golden Triangle
Yeah, the more we learn about CTE, the scarier it becomes. My animal brain loves a good scrap, but logically... maybe it’s time to call this one.

I feel the same about the NFL. I worry we are watching young men shorten their lives.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad