Nick Boynton new radio color commentator

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
Ah dup thread, mods please delete mine.

BoyntonShooting250x250.jpg

Anyways, it should "color" up the broadcasts. I always felt that when Nash was sitting in, that the game flowed easier.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
Also, with the KTAR A.M. and F.M. stations splitting in two (one will broadcast the local crap and the other will have the national ESPN feed) we might see the end of 860 nights.....

Naych_PHX

Feeling Salty
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
Cool. Bout time we got someone to partner with Heeter. Although he did a pretty good job by himself.

And Nash is fine.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Nice to see Boynton back with the organization. He was a tough SOB. I'd love to move our other two RHDs up a spot and put a guy like him in our bottom 2 replacing Z. We could definitely use a guy like him on the squad.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
July 9th 2009:

As a Coyotes fan, I'm pissed. I loved Nick Boynton during his time here in Phoenix. He was solid defensively, here, and I'm not sure where all the hate is coming from. There was no offense, whatsoever, to speak of, but as long as your not expecting that, it shouldn't matter. He's just a fairly solid, unspectacular, defensive, defenseman. The thing about Boynton, though, is that the guy is an absolute ****ing LION out on the ice. There has never been a player in the history of the Phoenix Coyotes that defended his teammates, and himself as ferociously as Nick Boynton. The guy just does not take **** from anybody. If you mess with him or one of his teammates, it's just on. He's a damn good cop. He's not one of these worthless enforcer types that will only fight other tough guys and he's not one of these cowardly agitators that depends on the instigator rule for their very life. He'll fight anyone at anytime so long as it needs doing. I'm not saying he's going to win them all. He may even lose more than he wins, but he's always willing to make that statement. Just watch his youtube fight clips. It seems everytime he drops the gloves he's sticking up for the team, refusing to let his guys be pushed around. He'll fight anybody, too. From the Worrells and Kocis to Artyukhins and Lucics to the Barnabys and Tootoos. That's rare.

Check out this clip, for instance...

...a non-fighter takes out Phoenix's enforcer with a hit Boynton doesn't like, and then skates to the bench. Boynton comes all the way across the ice, rips the guy off of the bench and down on to the ice and procedes to give him a beat. How hilarous is that? :laugh:

I'm so pissed he's back in the west. Especially a friggin' Duck. :rant:

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
That's exactly how I felt about him. Guy had everyone's back. Just a guy you loved having on your team. As I said earlier, glad he's back with the organization.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
That video was private so I went looking for it.. thought this was interesting

I remember the incident rt was talking about. I also remember being shocked that he didn't get suspended for it. He literally ripped the guy off the bench and beat the **** out of him. I want to say it was against the Hawks but my memory is fuzzy.

He had no problem just outright jumping a guy:

He got suspended and fined for that one because it was the last five minutes.

I miss watching a team that wasn't afraid to goon it up a bit. Recent years have had teams that were total pushovers. Really, Klesla getting plastered with no response and OEL getting taken out (forcing Yandle of all people to respond) is a troubling trend.

Maybe Nick can remind guys that fighting is a skill teams look for and one that can keep you in the league. It's part of why they got Crombeen.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I can't find the video of Boynton ripping the guy off the bench. Anyone remember who it was? I want to say it was against Colorado or Minnesota. Antti Lakssonen maybe?

Last edited:

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Posted this on the main board but I honesty thought they were going to hire Luke Lapinski for the job. He's more than earned the right to do this.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad