Nick Bonino Appreciation Thread

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
imo if sutter is your third line center your team sucks. every team i'm aware of that he's played that role for was garbage

Sutter's just a weird player, man. He's not bad, he actually has a lot to recommend him (speed, shot, defense), but no team should be spending millions of dollars on a soft center who can't possess the puck or use his linemates.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
I was super disappointed with his play for much of the season. Then seemingly out of nowhere, he's a beast. Probably the Pens second best forward in the playoffs.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Sutter's just a weird player, man. He's not bad, he actually has a lot to recommend him (speed, shot, defense), but no team should be spending millions of dollars on a soft center who can't possess the puck or use his linemates.

there are worse players. but he just doesn't have "it", which i normally hate when people say, but for brandon sutter, "it" applies

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Bones is playing awesome hockey right now. He makes so many smart little plays all over the ice. One time last night he forechecked a TB defender and with a subtle flick of his wrist, stole the puck with off the guy and created a scoring chance. With Kessel and Hagelin flying around, he's been really good behind the net with the puck and setting those two up. It's really as close to perfect of a line as I can think of right now.

Call me betty*

Sheary Baggins
Nov 8, 2015
I wouldn't mind giving Bones a 3 year extension this summer, if the money is right. He's only 28.

Unfortunately, teams will be lining up for him after the playoffs he's had. I know we have him for one year. But playoff performers are very sought out after. He probably priced himself out of here with his performance. I don't mind losing him if he helps us win the cups this year though. :yo:

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Unfortunately, teams will be lining up for him after the playoffs he's had. I know we have him for one year. But playoff performers are very sought out after. He probably priced himself out of here with his performance. I don't mind losing him if he helps us win the cups this year though. :yo:

Guentzel will be there to take his place anyways;)

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

That's fine. Let's win the Cup and then he can play really well next year too and then ride off into the sunset with a big paycheck. We should have internal replacements for him by then. They may not be the same players (Guentzel, Sundqvist, maybe Bleuger), but still quality players.

barbosa

Mar 21, 2016
Pittsburgh
came to show my appreciation :clap:

i was completely wrong about bones. i blasted him early in the year and even a while after sully was hired, saying he was too soft and lost his feet too easily, as well as possessing bad hands.

man was i wrong. has he ever stepped up his game. bravo, bones.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
His struggles for the first half of the season seem like ages ago.

He's been as important as any player the last few months of the season with no signs of cooling down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad