Nick Bjugstad

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Ceiling: very good 2nd line center
Floor: good 3rd line center

Hoping he stays at the U for one more year, but he may make the jump.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
He should be ready to make the jump next year, depends if the Panthers are ready to go with him and Huberdeau, or it could be one or the other.

On the high-end, I could see him hitting the level of a prime Jason Arnott. A player with his size, puck skills, and developing 2-way play should be a safe bet for a 3rd line role on the low-end.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
His ceiling is certainly a #1 center with the way his developing. Very close to being NHL ready at least, plays a lot like Ryan Getzlaf. Not saying he will be as good as Getz, but he has unbelievable potential.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Not about being ready imo he should stay in college and come in later into the season maybe like how Kreider did because Weiss is one of the top 6 fwds and Huberdeau is good enough to come in and be the other top 6 fwd....both ahead of Bjugstad unless they're okay with giving him an offensive role on the 3rd line.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Not about being ready imo he should stay in college and come in later into the season maybe like how Kreider did because Weiss is one of the top 6 fwds and Huberdeau is good enough to come in and be the other top 6 fwd....both ahead of Bjugstad unless they're okay with giving him an offensive role on the 3rd line.

Huberdeau is a winger, and we lack a top6 center. We just got Weiss at the moment, but then you got Shore...

Bjugstad should stay in college for another year...

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Nick's ready to play in the NHL but I'm not sure if he wants to just yet. He really likes the U and it's looking like he will come back for a year and pull a Kreider. (At least that's what we're hoping in Minny)

Dec 2, 2010
Nick's ready to play in the NHL but I'm not sure if he wants to just yet. He really likes the U and it's looking like he will come back for a year and pull a Kreider. (At least that's what we're hoping in Minny)
Did you just say Minny? Because some people will be calling for your head now :sarcasm:

I don't think he's fully ready for the NHL. Maybe some AHL time if he really wants to turn pro but another NCAA year wouldn't be that useful, but apparently that's what he will do.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Did you just say Minny? Because some people will be calling for your head now :sarcasm:

I don't think he's fully ready for the NHL. Maybe some AHL time if he really wants to turn pro but another NCAA year wouldn't be that useful, but apparently that's what he will do.

He's/she's a newbie. There's a grace period before **** gets real.

Fearless Leaf*

Ceiling: very good 2nd line center
Floor: good 3rd line center

Hoping he stays at the U for one more year, but he may make the jump.

Come on, his ceiling is at least a little higher than that, probably a decent 1st line C.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Huberdeau is a winger, and we lack a top6 center. We just got Weiss at the moment, but then you got Shore...

Bjugstad should stay in college for another year...

Really? Whenever I've seen him it's been as a centre. I double-checked and he's definitely listed as a centre, maybe he's being used as a winger in camp?

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Really? Whenever I've seen him it's been as a centre. I double-checked and he's definitely listed as a centre, maybe he's being used as a winger in camp?

Florida plans on using him as a centerman.

Bjugstand has been right there with Hubs at dev. camp this season. Looks like he is NHL ready but he's debating between making the jump to pro or finishing his degree/going for one last national championship.

I think his ceiling is definitely that of a Staal/Getzlaf. Big center with good hands but not the fastest skater. I expect big things out of him.

The kid is just shy of 6'6 and hasn't quite hit 20 years of age yet.

Billy Mays Here*

I really hope he stays one more year. Gophers need to win the national championship before he leaves. :yo:

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
he's going to be a bust. We'll trade you Clutterbuck and Spurgeon.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010

Zack Phillips has been his centerman for two years now. Huberdeau is miles ahead a better prospect than Phillips, so why would he be on the wing if he's center? Anyway, maybe Florida wants him to be a center, but he sure didn't play that position the last few years.

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
I sat about row 10 for a bunch of World Junior games, saw almost all of Team USA's games. I can tell you firsthand this kid looks certifiably gigantic in real life. He is a monster on skates with his size, he could be a pretty dangerous player in the NHL.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009

He can play both, but he will be a winger in the NHL. Thats where the Panthers plan to use him. Eliteprospects has him as a LW for example.

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
Has been a man amongst boys at prospect camp.. Playing on a line with Huberdeau on his LW. He's ready for the NHL, just a matter of if he wants to leave school.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
I think he should go back to college 1 more year.

He completely fell off at the end of last year.

I don't think it would hurt him to be in the NHL though, just think its probably safer for him to stay 1 more year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad