Nick Bjugstad - U of Minnesota (FLA pick 2010)

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
congrats to him...though it was expected, still a very nice accomplishment...

next up, maybe a US U18 Gold medal...

then followed by a top 15 pick in the 2010 NHL draft...

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Habs have a history of drafting Minn players...Bjugstad would be one of my top picks for the Habs pick around this area...15th

Depending on what is there at the Wild's pick, I don't think they pass on Bjugstad.

He put on a clinic at the Wild's Skills Competition this season in front of the brass and upstaged a lot of the current Wild players.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Habs have a history of drafting Minn players...Bjugstad would be one of my top picks for the Habs pick around this area...15th

I'd be surprised if he made it to the Habs, but very happy (unless the Habs find a way to lose every game for the rest of the season). Although our luck with Mr.Hockey winners is not very good so far. Bjugstad is just what the Habs sorely need, a big, mobile, skilled center.

DeVries*

My thoughts too. That guy could be 6f5 and 215-220, could be a real force to the center. (Finally, after we passed on Kopitar...)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Do the Wild still take Bjugstad if their pick ends up inside of the top ten? Maybe trade down as they did for Leddy?
Posted via Mobile Device

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
I think he'll fall to the late second or third round because of his chosen path of development.
And by that you mean something like five or ten spots, right? Because falling to 60-70 is a ludicrous prediction for someone who is in the top twenty for NA skaters at this point of the year.

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009
And by that you mean something like five or ten spots, right? Because falling to 60-70 is a ludicrous prediction for someone who is in the top twenty for NA skaters at this point of the year.

Do you know why he isn't with the US-18 Team in Belarus?

F127

Feb 10, 2007
Yeah, college is for dummies.

Gophers program has been a big underachiever the last couple of seasons, I've heard their program questioned a few times so I guess it wouldn't surprise me if some teams passed on him but he won't slip to the 2nd or 3rd round lol.

JHabs

HFB Partner
Dec 14, 2007
Montreal
twitter.com
Who does he compare to? Arnott?
Posted via Mobile Device

I too would like to know who he compares to?

Is he anything like Joe Thornton? 6'4 240lbs Playmaking center

I would hate his comparison or potential to be Arnott, Arnott is so damn slow..

And Brian Boyle has disappointed me greatly.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Gophers program has been a big underachiever the last couple of seasons, I've heard their program questioned a few times so I guess it wouldn't surprise me if some teams passed on him but he won't slip to the 2nd or 3rd round lol.

50% agree, The gophers program is not the same and many goods prospect dont reach their potential, but Bjugstad couldnt drop that far. Maybe a late 1st round but not more IMO. But for the same reason, I think Mark Alt (37NA on final ranking) will drop a lot and probably in the 3rd round

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Although our luck with Mr.Hockey winners is not very good so far.

Or for that matter any Mr. Hockey winners. Brian Lee and Paul Martin I think are the best from the past ten years.

BTW I would shy away from Bjugstad if I was Minnesota. It's hard to predict how good a player is coming out of high school.

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
Do you know why he isn't with the US-18 Team in Belarus?
He didn't play with the US national program.

50% agree, The gophers program is not the same and many goods prospect dont reach their potential, but Bjugstad couldnt drop that far. Maybe a late 1st round but not more IMO. But for the same reason, I think Mark Alt (37NA on final ranking) will drop a lot and probably in the 3rd round
Alt will drop, but it has more to do with football than suiting up for the U.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad