Confirmed with Link: Nichushkin back in assistance program; suspended a minimum of six months

TheGrimReaper

ten years gone
Aug 20, 2020
gallows pole
wouldn't be a bit surprised , and it would be quite fitting if Val ended up on an episode of " Trailer Park Boys " singing a duet with Bubbles doing a rendition of " Liquor and Whores " only substitute liquor with blow.
download.jpg

Hornstar

Feb 3, 2018
Can’t believe people actually want to give him another chance. It’s kinda like getting back together with your ex-wife four times and thinking she’ll quit cheating each time.
It wasn’t a change of scenery that helped him. It was a change of dealers.
After the last game, Mack even hinted it on it. Pretty sure they are sick of it

Last edited:
Reactions: Alienblood

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Can’t believe people actually want to give him another chance. It’s kinda like getting back together with your ex-wife four times and thinking she’ll quit cheating each time.
Oh what did Mack say , never saw rhat ?

Reactions: The Moops

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011

I think it's just realizing how awful the options are. We can't afford to take a cap penalty. It doesn't seem like we can just cut ties easily and terminate the contract. No matter what we're downgrading big time.

If you keep him there's like a 95% chance he relapses and enters stage 4 and you terminate his contract with ease. You don't have to use any assets to dump him. If he somehow magically gets better than it's still a great deal. Obviously guys would be pissed but in 2 seasons when the Avs are cooked I'm sure Mack will be anyways.

Stage 4/figuring it out also means you don't run the risk of another team being able to get him on a crazy deal.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Best case scenario he messes up stage three and goes to stage four and we pay nothing for the next season but he comebacks for the playoffs.

Brutal yes.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I can't wait to see Nuke with the favorite player elimination game this summmer

As a self proclaimed representative of the Nuke crew, it's over. I will not endorse his vote and I might even try to cheat the system and take a few votes from him when no one's looking.

• Love
Reactions: The Moops

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
I keep seeing more chances… this isn’t the first, second or even third time. This is the third time in the last year where he got bit. There were incidents prior. He’s had plenty of chances.
Nuke was in a rehab 3 times but only for 30 day's or so. Maybe those Counselors released him sooner then it was needed and that is why Nuke fell into relapse. Those blokes released him too soon. Nuke should have maybe been in a rehab for 4-6 month.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Nuke was in a rehab 3 times but only for 30 day's or so. Maybe those Counselors released him sooner then it was needed and that is why Nuke fell into relapse. Those blokes released him too soon. Nuke should have maybe been in a rehab for 4-6 month.
I'm stating the Avs have been dealing with the issues around him for a lot longer than the last year. Dude has been given plenty and way too many chances at this point. I hope he cleans up for his family's sake, but he shouldn't be associated with the Avs any more.

EscapedGoat

Jun 15, 2012

Now it's the counselors fault lol. Jesus dude. You legitimately sound like a battered spouse.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
I'm stating the Avs have been dealing with the issues around him for a lot longer than the last year. Dude has been given plenty and way too many chances at this point. I hope he cleans up for his family's sake, but he shouldn't be associated with the Avs any more.
Did the front office have a sniff of the potential problem before signing him to an 8-year deal? Or did the problems arise only after Nuke signed that max term deal?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Did the front office have a sniff of the potential problem before signing him to an 8-year deal? Or did the problems arise only after Nuke signed that max term deal?
My pure guess—they had an idea, but because he had yet to be stupid enough to allow it to spill out publicly, they assumed it would remain hidden and no one would be the wiser.

A former player like Sakic, there’s no way he doesn’t have an idea of the cocaine problem running rampant in the NHL. Plus it seems like all teams sort of have an idea of their problem children

Reactions: TheGrimReaper

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Nuke has had issues going back to his early days with the Stars. It has never been much of a secret, but has likely gotten worse. He’s not the first or last Av to have drug issues… even popular ones. The difference here is it got out of the organization’s control when the cops were called in Seattle.

TheGrimReaper

ten years gone
Aug 20, 2020
gallows pole
I'm so f***ing pissed off about this still. What a turnaround. He went from debatably my favorite Avs player after the cup to now I can't stand to even see his name.
this

I see the disappointment felt here on the board , we placed him on a pedestal and justifiably so.

Such a clutch guy when we needed it.

Then overnight , no Val for half a year announced prior to game 5 in a second round series that we are desperate to keep alive

not cool dude

Reactions: missionAvs

Refalanche

Jun 23, 2022
Here's hoping he gets his visa cancelled, and he's deported back to Mother Russia; where he finds himself conscripted into the army and shipped off to the Ukrainian front lines.
Come on, such an immature take… Sorry that your (2nd?) favourite team in hockey, StLAvsFan, lost one of their better players but please grow up. Nuke doesn’t owe you anything. Go back to supporting the nice guys in St Louis instead… Can’t say I’m surprised though when taking that in to account. You guys really love to death threat hockey players don’t you…

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Nuke has had issues going back to his early days with the Stars. It has never been much of a secret, but has likely gotten worse. He’s not the first or last Av to have drug issues… even popular ones. The difference here is it got out of the organization’s control when the cops were called in Seattle.
Really wish those had all been documented as it would be much easier to actually go after Nuke for cause. As it is, the Avs only documented Seattle and earlier this season. So as far as the league is concerned this is strike 3. I think I read that it takes a 4th violation before reinstatement is not even guaranteed.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Really wish those had all been documented as it would be much easier to actually go after Nuke for cause. As it is, the Avs only documented Seattle and earlier this season. So as far as the league is concerned this is strike 3. I think I read that it takes a 4th violation before reinstatement is not even guaranteed.
As of now we don't even know which drugs or which vodka (I would guess Russian Standard, Smirnoff or Absolut) was Val consuming. Maybe Val was cooking meth or taking Speed. We need more details before we can discuss this topic further.

Reactions: Alienblood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad