Nice ******* outing!!! Again!! *Honk honk* (Habs lose big) - MOD reminder post #329

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
He was directly responsible for one of Eller's minuses. Turning it over then changing for Eller while the Hawks scored.

It's ridiculous how posters here defend Eller no matter how much he sucks and **** on Desharnais even though he works as hard as anybody on the team and makes peanuts for a cap hit. Must be the size obsession.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I don't think it's time to panic...not even close...but I want to see more effort against Buffalo unlike the Calgary game.

Last night wasn't a lack of effort, they actually outworked and outplayed Chicago the early part and couldn't buy a goal, then got rattled at 2-0 and guys started playing an individual instead of a team game. It also didn't help that Chicago scored 2-3 fluky goals...

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
A poor coach can't hide for long. We played like this last year but got the wins because price stood on his head. Anything short of all world performance from the goalie is a loss. MT doesn't have the aptitude to get a good 60 min performance out of this team. You look at how Calgary has played since Hartley got there and look at us and laugh. MT always been a mediocre coach who lucked into wins.

Wtf is the system? What is the strategy? Work hard? Lmao

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Loss 7-1 TB, 6-2 Calgary, 3-0 Edmonton, 5-0 Chicago, 3-2 Vancouver. 5 goals in 5 losses. Anyone who says Price has to be better should think about that. He literally has to pitch a shutout in every loss on average to win.

Swarez

Mar 10, 2011
It's ridiculous how posters here defend Eller no matter how much he sucks and **** on Desharnais even though he works as hard as anybody on the team and makes peanuts for a cap hit. Must be the size obsession.

A lot of it is how they are used. eller is asked to play defence and in his own zone, with less talented players of course other teams are going to score

DD is never asked to play Defence, always in Offensive zone, never given hard shifts so there is less opportunity for other teams to score.

They don't play equally, so hard to compare and one of reasons plus/minus is bad measuring stick, Eller is playing bad though. I don't know how anyone can defend DD at all, every chance to create offence both 5 on 5 and on PP and consistently sucks. Can never sustain pressure

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011

DD gets force fed way too many opportunities on O to be this ineffective.

How MT has hitched his wagon to him is beyond me.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Loss 7-1 TB, 6-2 Calgary, 3-0 Edmonton, 5-0 Chicago, 3-2 Vancouver. 5 goals in 5 losses. Anyone who says Price has to be better should think about that. He literally has to pitch a shutout in every loss on average to win.

So price has been perfect. Got you.

Price is nowhere near the problem but some people refuse to ever be critical of his play. Ever. The guy isn't going to be great every game.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Price is nowhere near the problem but some people refuse to ever be critical of his play. Ever. The guy isn't going to be great every game.

I'm not going to be critical of the only guy who shows up every game. Its such a ****ing lazy cop out to blame the goalie when there's 99 problems that need to be addressed.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
I'm not going to be critical of the only guy who shows up every game. Its such a ****ing lazy cop out to blame the goalie when there's 99 problems that need to be addressed.

Everyone needs to be better.

No one is blaming the goalie. Some of you are so overly sensitive it's disgusting.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Sad performance from a sad team at the moment. The lack of scoring is really catching up with the team and it is pretty sad.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Any one looking anywhere near our goaltending to share in the blame for this debacle needs to give up hockey and take up curling as a winter sport. Maybe the slower pace and chance to discuss play between rocks will allow for a better comprehesion of the sport.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

True but let's face it, he is not having a great start to the season either.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
True but let's face it, he is not having a great start to the season either.

Stats wise, sure. But I can't really fault him for bad goals recently. It there were bad goals against, I say it. I haven't had to because they are clear blown coverages.. Well, not blown but exploitations of the worst defensive system ever conceived

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Stats wise, sure. But I can't really fault him for bad goals recently. It there were bad goals against, I say it. I haven't had to because they are clear blown coverages.. Well, not blown but exploitations of the worst defensive system ever conceived

WTF three deflections and the Toews Kane goal C'mon.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Price essentially just needed to make three more saves so the irrational critics can keep their mouths shut. That's the difference between a .916 average and a .907 average with 343 shots against this early in the season.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Price essentially just needed to make three more saves so the irrational critics can keep their mouths shut. That's the difference between a .916 average and a .907 average with 343 shots against this early in the season.

FN deflections...:laugh:

Gomez91

Fala!!
Nov 27, 2011
Where I want

Desharnais and Gallagher is lack of effort there kept away from in front of the net (dirty area) play the perimeter most of the game like all our forwards knocked off the puck very easily adding more pressure on the defense unlike at the beginning were they went to the dirty areas with success but Desharnais, Gallagher all our forwards with exception to Galchenyk (spelling) are gutless

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Personnally, I would tend to think that when a few players struggle, they are mostly responsible for their problems. But when EVERYBODY struggles.....the man who is suppose to glue it all together has to be responsible.

It's amazing how Therrien rarely takes any blame for anything. Even Gaston Therrien, even him, can see in practice that there's just no rhythm, no desire to improve and that it reflects in games. Even him....can you imagine how bad it is?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
We've scored 6 goals in our last 5 games. He actually would need to be pretty much perfect to win.

No less than three five bell saves the other night against Calgary (where we were outshot 19-4 in the first period alone) and last night he made a couple more.

The guy may have gotten off to an average start play wise but he's been great for a while now. His numbers go from .922 to .907 in the span of three games...

Also, why is his idiot coach leaving him in these blowouts? That's a great way to wreck your goalie and have him turn against you. 4-0 in a game where we're getting smoked and he leaves him in. Then he leaves him in after the 5th? Just stupid to do this.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Or his coach just needed to take him out of some blowups like most coaches do.
Clearly I do. Price has been one of our best players, but I expect more him because of his talent level.
We all do. But he's played very well in these losses and given us a chance to come back. He's being ridiculously outshot and we can't score. He's making spectacular saves every game man... What goals do you think he should've stopped last night? Be specific.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Personnally, I would tend to think that when a few players struggle, they are mostly responsible for their problems. But when EVERYBODY struggles.....the man who is suppose to glue it all together has to be responsible.

It's amazing how Therrien rarely takes any blame for anything. Even Gaston Therrien, even him, can see in practice that there's just no rhythm, no desire to improve and that it reflects in games. Even him....can you imagine how bad it is?

Exactly, not one single player on that team....NOT ONE is living up to the expectation placed in them. The team is playing badly since the start of the year. Never put up 60 minutes together, never came out of the gate flying.

Therrien is known to be tough coach...will bench players for bad penalties or major turnover, we saw this with many players like White, Eller, Briere, Vanek and even Subban.

Despites this fact, this team is 3rd in the NHL for Minor penalties and 2nd in giveaway.....like the player didn't care anymore.

Although some think it's myth, there's absolutely no meritocraty in that locker room.
There's favorite and There's *****es
There's veteran and There's rookie

I wonder how many felt with Weise getting a fair chance on an offensive line while some have been waiting this for years? I wonder how players wanna do more for a coach that won't give you anything back in return?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00