Niagara Ice Dogs 2015 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Not surprised about Brosnan good defense men caught in the numbers game i wish the best of luck in Kitchener

icepups

Jul 11, 2014
Was Bronan a stay at home type Dman? Rangers need someone of that ilk to replace Maaskant.

He is a stay at home D. Won't put up a lot of points but is very responsible in his own end. Keeps things simple with decent outlet passes. Rarely rushes the puck. Not blessed with a ton of speed but has decent strength and is pretty good positionally.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
He is a stay at home D. Won't put up a lot of points but is very responsible in his own end. Keeps things simple with decent outlet passes. Rarely rushes the puck. Not blessed with a ton of speed but has decent strength and is pretty good positionally.

Thanks icepups. Sounds like a good utility Dman.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
They must have got the news: Icedogs pick David Kase, a centre drafted by the Flyers.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
If, for health reasons, Marty Williamson is unable to be on the bench at the start of this season would Dave Bell be the automatic interim head coach?

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Dave Bell is the guy that held HoSang back from jumping on the ice. I like his authority behind the bench. If the Dogs don't trade HoSang it could be an interesting year for him.

JSavoire

May 28, 2011

Why would anyone trade Ho-Sang? That would be like suggesting Oshawa trade DalColle in a 'go for it' year or London Trading Marner this year. Not happening IMHO.

Niagara is going to add players and try and make a decent run with a very decent backend and guys like Knott, DiFruscia, Maletta, Ho-Sang and another stud in Perlini so adding another solid Veteran forward and in some people's eyes another Goalie and watch out...you have a team that will make a splash while not selling out the Farm to do so.

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
Why would anyone trade Ho-Sang? That would be like suggesting Oshawa trade DalColle in a 'go for it' year or London Trading Marner this year. Not happening IMHO.

Niagara is going to add players and try and make a decent run with a very decent backend and guys like Knott, DiFruscia, Maletta, Ho-Sang and another stud in Perlini so adding another solid Veteran forward and in some people's eyes another Goalie and watch out...you have a team that will make a splash while not selling out the Farm to do so.

This pretty much sums up why.

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
that statement also assumes that the team is deemed good enough to make a run.

They've been built for this year.

Mikulovich, Siebenaler, Mantha, Haydon, Dunn, Maletta, DiFruscia, Perlini, Aagaard and Ho-Sang are all likely in their last year of junior.

It would make more sense than not to assume they are good enough to make a run. They're a lot closer to being a favorite than they are to being a seller at this point.

They have pieces in Paquette, Wilkie, Ben Jones, Hayden Davis and/or picks that can be dealt to add to an already good roster.

JSavoire

May 28, 2011
They've been built for this year.

Mikulovich, Siebenaler, Mantha, Haydon, Dunn, Maletta, DiFruscia, Perlini, Aagaard and Ho-Sang are all likely in their last year of junior.

It would make more sense than not to assume they are good enough to make a run. They're a lot closer to being a favorite than they are to being a seller at this point.

They have pieces in Paquette, Wilkie, Ben Jones, Hayden Davis and/or picks that can be dealt to add to an already good roster.

I may be wrong but I was under the impression that Aagard is a 95 and is an Import/Euro which I thought meant he counts as 2 against the OA Cap? Can someone elaborate?

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I may be wrong but I was under the impression that Aagard is a 95 and is an Import/Euro which I thought meant he counts as 2 against the OA Cap? Can someone elaborate?

He does not count as two OA's the team can still carry 3 if he returns. He just simply would require an OA spot and a euro spot. So.. If he returns they can still have 2 other overagers and 1 other import player.

the dog

May 16, 2014
hearing 2014 draft pick c Trent Frederic will be at meridian ctre in august.....hopefully we can sign him..

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Perlini has been shut down at Team Canada camp because of injury precaution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad