NHL's Top 10 Saves of the Season

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
That Quick save gets better each time I tell ya. Definitely one of my favourites of all time.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I just can't get over the flexibility it takes to go from locked butterfly on the post to elevating your leg to the center of the net :laugh: especially coming off a major groin injury. Guess Lombardi wasn't kidding when they said rehab was the preferable option because he could come back better than ever.

Great saves all of them though, love watching this stuff.

OldMilIce

Apr 30, 2015
Niagara, ON
I like the NHL video's list better, but agree that Quick should have been #1. That save is ridiculous, especially considering he controlled the rebound.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Those Mrazek saves are just fantastic, and I'm surprised that this is the first I've seen of the Miller save.

I don't see the fuss about the Quick save, like at all. The whole play just lacks intensity.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Why was that Price glove save #5? That was just an unnecessary windmill :laugh:

Hell, that wasn't even Price's best save of the season. That diving stop against the Rangers was better.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Glove saves get overrated, goalies love to embellish those plus half the time it's the shooter shooting it right into the glove.

Quick's is already legend, our great grandkids will be seeing that save more than once if they are hockey fans.

I love Miller's homage to Ozzie Smith.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Quick save is #1 -really NHL.com, did you hire the schmucks from the hockey news? …didn't Hasek do this a few times back in the day? Help me out Buffalo fans!

Rinne save #2 - the strain in his limbs much more difficult to make than any of the glove saves.

Fleury save #3 - not only was it was headed toward the net, he had to stop his momentum, spin around AND hit the puck out of the air in one motion.

Miller Price and Lehtonen's glove saves were to me the most impressive of the glove saves, but I'm pretty sure I saw much better saves throughout the year than any except the 3 I listed.

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
I feel like to appreciate the Quick save to its fullest more people need to put on full goalie gear and play around in the crease for a little while. That's some rediculous leg muscle/flexibility.

PumpkinBombX

Jan 29, 2009
The Quick save and the fleury i thought were unreal.

a lot of them the goalie was out of position and had to get back into a position where usually the shooter puts it middle of the net and makes the goalie look good.

then one SJS save where he windmills into his glove is a normal glove save where he just falls over to make it look better. The Price glove save is just a normal glove save where he billy randford's it after to make it look cool.

Most others are good saves but similar saves where the goalie makes a good 2nd effort, but the shooter made it savable vs picking a corner.

The Pekke Renne save above is one of the more underrated in the group as he's not over-playing the shot and does a great adjustment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad