NHL's best athletes

jbobell98

Dec 14, 2017
After watching Crosby bat the puck out of the air so many times and just his general show of athleticism I think he has to be up there as one of the best athletes in the world let alone in the NHL. I feel like he could have gone pro in almost anything if he would have played that sport instead of hockey. What are some other incredible athletes in the NHL you think could have done well in other sports if that had focused on the instead of hockey?

Reactions: Sk8M8

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
After watching Crosby bat the puck out of the air so many times and just his general show of athleticism I think he has to be up there as one of the best athletes in the world let alone in the NHL. I feel like he could have gone pro in almost anything if he would have played that sport instead of hockey. What are some other incredible athletes in the NHL you think could have done well in other sports if that had focused on the instead of hockey?
What sport does batting the puck out of the air translate too?

Are you trying to tell me he could hit a 95mph baseball and play in the pros because he batted a puck into the net?

jbobell98

Dec 14, 2017
Im telling you that first hes just an all round world class athlete and second if he would have dedicated him time as a child and teen to baseball instead of hockey theres no doubt in my mind he would be in the MLB.

jbobell98

Dec 14, 2017
Im telling you that first hes just an all round world class athlete and second if he would have dedicated him time as a child and teen to baseball instead of hockey theres no doubt in my mind he would be in the MLB.

Reactions: shello

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
What sport does batting the puck out of the air translate too?

Are you trying to tell me he could hit a 95mph baseball and play in the pros because he batted a puck into the net?
It's said hitting a fastball is one of the hardest things in all of pro sports.That run he jacked out of the park you know was a meatball but it did show power which is expected from a pro athlete. I'd bet most NHL guys could do that. I bet if the pitcher tried to strike him out Sid would whif big time, which is also expected.
Check out TJ Watts playing hockey,for a big fella hes pretty good.He would be scary in the NHL.

Last edited:

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
A lot of pro athletes are quite athletic and really could probably go different directions depending on where heir effort is place. That said there are some athletic freaks in the NHL like Chris Kreider and Jack Johnson just to name a couple

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Andrew Copp was apparently a pretty good high school QB. Not that he's an overly amazing hockey player.

Crosby is far to small for football, though he has a good core. Might be able to make the CFL, big might, if he dedicated the time early on. Baseball isn't overly hard if you play. I played up to midget AAA and internationally and faced 90+ MPH pitchers and hit them. That really isn't that hard. It's when those pitchers get extremely accurate that it gets much tougher and when they start throwing junk that is also accurate. Not sure if I've ever faced anyone who threw over 100 but I doubt it. Crosby could probably be a great baseball player but even the best player I ever played with, who went to the NCAA and got drafted had serious issues making it past AA ball. And he was bar none the best guy I have ever played with. Making it in the MLB is just ridiculous. You likely have a far better chance of making the NHL as a Canadian athlete then to even make it to AAA ball. He'd probably be a wicked lacrosse player though.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Andrew Copp was apparently a pretty good high school QB. Not that he's an overly amazing hockey player.

Crosby is far to small for football, though he has a good core. Might be able to make the CFL, big might, if he dedicated the time early on. Baseball isn't overly hard if you play. I played up to midget AAA and internationally and faced 90+ MPH pitchers and hit them. That really isn't that hard. It's when those pitchers get extremely accurate that it gets much tougher and when they start throwing junk that is also accurate. Not sure if I've ever faced anyone who threw over 100 but I doubt it. Crosby could probably be a great baseball player but even the best player I ever played with, who went to the NCAA and got drafted had serious issues making it past AA ball. And he was bar none the best guy I have ever played with. Making it in the MLB is just ridiculous. You likely have a far better chance of making the NHL as a Canadian athlete then to even make it to AAA ball. He'd probably be a wicked lacrosse player though.
Shanny would have gone pro lacrosse but there is zero money in it,so he played hockey.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016

Copp at one point had the passing yardage record for one game for HS QB's in Michigan, 500 plus yards. That's not Vermont. He may still hold the record.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
178202220.0.jpg

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Letang is a far better athlete than Crosby, just read up on what he does outside the rink.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad