NHL NHLPA Players Poll

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Bergeron tied with Crosby for most complete player. Also, only behind McDavid, Crosby, and MacKinnon in the "who do you want on your team if you have to win one game" category. Not too shabby.

Pasta got mentions in a couple categories as well. Tuukka got some votes for best goalie.

Distinct lack of Marchand though. Interesting.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I didn't find many of those categories as where I'd expect to see Marchand, aside from maybe "if you needed to win one game". And there, I'd expect to see those guys on that list ahead of him (except perhaps not Bergeron).

I love the respect Bergeron gets, but if I had to win a game tonight, I'd choose Marchand over Bergeron. 100%.

Reactions: bobbyorr04 and TCB

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Anyone surprised they listed Sidney Crosby above Patrice Bergeron even tho they are equal in percentage and Bergerons name comes first alphabetically?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Lots of Bergeron love from his peers.

There are three things I will assume from this:

1) Pastrnak is the best goal-scoring RWer on the planet.

2) Redo the 2003 draft and it's Patrice Bergeron who goes first overall.

3) Tuukka Rask is one of the Top 5 goalies of his generation along with Price and Fleury. (also I include Quick and Lundqvist).

DavidK

Jun 10, 2021
Marchand jobbed again! He should have received mention in the Best Stickhandler and Need to Win One Game categories. He is also the most complete winger in the game.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
John Carlson and even Doughty getting best defenseman votes over Mcavoy or Fox is pretty funny.

Not surprised there’s no mention of Marchand, if he’s playing his game no opposing player will ever like him lol.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Didn’t Marchand win best trash talker and worst trash talker one year?

Like that most players prefer the series style schedule from this year - hope the league keeps it.

Reactions: LSCII

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad