Pre-Game Talk: [#NHL24Playoff]: Canucks vs Wild - Play In Rounds. [Best of 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
The Vancouver Canucks will be playing the Minnesota Wild in the Play-In Rounds.
[24-Team Playoff Rules.]
Canucks would play Minnesota in NHL's planned 24-team playoff format | Offside

Line Up's
https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/minnesota-wild/line-combinations/
https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/vancouver-canucks/line-combinations/

7g0uorsnsl051.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Indiana

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I think we should handle Minnesota, but accept Benning will do something stupid to ruin our chances.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Are we allowed to have our own opinions on this or nah?

Also, curious what the impact these play ins will have on the draft. Any word on how the lottery will be done?

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
We should handle Minny depending on Markstrom. Their d-core is excellent and are surprisingly potent offensively, but their goaltending is below league average, Dubynk has been horrendous this year.

Canucks in 4 (if it's a 5 game series?)

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I think the Canucks and Wild match up pretty well except for in goal, where I think Markstrom would be the series X Factor. The Canucks have the better young talent, but the Wild have some wily veterans who could show well in short series’.

Despite Minnesota’s continued propensity to play boring hockey, I’d be super excited to watch Canucks hockey again. And meaningful hockey at that.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Any series where we don’t have to play Vegas right away is a-ok with me. They would beat the living day lights out of us in hockey and physically.

Colorado would annihilate us too if we make it past Minny, but atleast we wouldn’t need to see Hughes and EP stretchered off the ice.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Redemption for 2003. This time the Wild fans will not be able to buy tickets for Game 6

Reactions: lousy

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
I read somewhere that Ferland was 100% symptom free and feeling game ready.
If that's the case then lets see him go full play-off mode here. If he's does have an unidentified long-term injury then this might be his last crack at it.

I'd like to see the following lineup:

Jt. Miller Pettersson Toffoli
Pearson Horvat Boeser
Ferland Gaudette Virtanen
Roussel Sutter Macewen
Keep Motte and Eriksson as extra's. If we get hit with 3 or more injuries up front you still have Baertschi you can call up or possibly Leivo however i'm not sure what his status is.

That third line could really sway momentum, Gaudette and Virtanen had some good chemistry and if Ferland is in fact back 100% then that could be scary for opposing teams.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
wait all this time and we play Minnesota? a little underwhelming.

opinion on the series is a healthy canucks team with a very favorable match up. should win in 3-4.(could also be 2003 all over again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad