NHL21 Hawks Player Ratings - Versus/Franchise/HUT

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Hey, is there anyone who plays NHL 21 on PS4?
I'm looking to play either Chel, EASHL or HUT this year and want to know which is most enjoyable. (meaning least frustrating experience)
Thanks

Depending on your friends I'd say. If you have any who play it too, I'd say go with EASHL if together online.
HUT has more of a task, if you win you earn some better rewards. EASHL is just for fun for the most part.

Want to spend money? Getting burned by Lafleuer or McDavid all the time? Get into HUT, it's a bit more competitive and much more frustrating for sure. Wanted to stay away, but as always weren't able to not buy the game.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I want to create Ian Mitchell and Kalynuk in my franchise. I don’t want to invest too much time into figuring out every little attribute.

Do you guys have any player suggestions for who I can copy attributes from and give them to each of those guys?

Since the game has Boqvist in the 80/81 range, I’m guessing Mitchell’s attributes should make him an 82/83 range?

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I want to create Ian Mitchell and Kalynuk in my franchise. I don’t want to invest too much time into figuring out every little attribute.

Do you guys have any player suggestions for who I can copy attributes from and give them to each of those guys?

Since the game has Boqvist in the 80/81 range, I’m guessing Mitchell’s attributes should make him an 82/83 range?

Look at Tyson Barrie for Mitchell
Just take away some offense and add to defense.
Kalynuk make as a elite skater. More offensive then defensive. My guess a good template would be Gus/or Ghost. Just subtract from there.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Hawks player edits:
Murphy: 80=>82 overall Top4/High
Strome POT Elite/Med=>Top 6/High
Dach POT Top 6/High=>Elite/Med
Mitchell(created) 78 OVR Top 4/High
Suter whatever=>Top 9/Med
Kurashev 75 OVR Top 6/Low
Nylander=Elite/Med=>Top 6/Med or Elite/Low depending on your mood
Boqvist is ok for the most part
DeBrincat I wrestle with leaving him Elite Med or moving him to Top 6/High
Beaudin is ok.
Reichel seems like he should be Top 6/Med but could be argued for Low instead.

The problem with this game though is how broken the ratings are. A low setting is its pretty much a guarantee your prospect will bust which is why youre better off just leaving Kurashev as a Med/High top 9 instead of a low top 6

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County

Mitchell, Kalynuk, Barratt etc will be in the game come January when they get an actual roster update up so its a bit pointless creating them unless you are playing on an older game, or just really itching for a realistic franchise mode already. If Covid didnt **** the schedule all three and more of our missing prospects (like Altybarmakyan) would be in the game already but until they sign those forms and play a game they are in no mans land for legal reasons basically.

Since they havent played a game in the AHL, NHL etc they cant be added yet. Had they at least played in a european league right now they would be added now like Turcotte is for LA on Berlin despite having come from the NCAA as well.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Here’s how I set my potentials for my latest franchise:

Dach - Top 6 high
DeBrincat - Top 6 high
Kubalik - Top 6 high
Mitchell - Top 4 high (I made him an 82 TWD to start)
Boqvist - Elite medium
Strome - Top 6 medium
Nylander - Top 6 medium (really debated low on this one)
Suter - Top 6 medium
Kurashev - Top 9 high
Hagel - Top 9 high

I know we joke a lot about potentials and stuff, but where do you think I’m actually off?

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Here’s how I set my potentials for my latest franchise:

Dach - Top 6 high
DeBrincat - Top 6 high
Kubalik - Top 6 high
Mitchell - Top 4 high (I made him an 82 TWD to start)
Boqvist - Elite medium
Strome - Top 6 medium
Nylander - Top 6 medium (really debated low on this one)
Suter - Top 6 medium
Kurashev - Top 9 high
Hagel - Top 9 high

I know we joke a lot about potentials and stuff, but where do you think I’m actually off?

I would put Dach and DeBrincat at elite, personally.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Today’s roster update includes Ian Mitchell.

They have him as a 75 overall, and with top 6 medium potential.

They also updated Suter to a more playable level, but probably still a bit underrated.

Kubalik remains underrated.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL

They also updated Suter to a more playable level, but probably still a bit underrated.

Currently deciding whether or not to wait for Kalynuk/Barratt to do a Hawks franchise mode or not. I think I might just move some of the Hawks players in game to make up for some missing prospects. Also turning off injuries because. Given that I only do 10 year franchises, I think I'm going to start. I wish the Ducks had called up Zegras for more realism, but whatever.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County

absolute clown staff that does their ratings

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Ya, they still have Nylander and Strome as elite potential guys too. It’s great if you want to cheese an easy rebuild, but not realistic.

Also, Dach is still a top 6 high potential.
After further consideration:
Strome=>Top 6/high
Nylander=>Elite/Low (boom/bust factor here.....this is the most realistic setting. He's likely to bust but if he hits he's going to be really good)
Mitchell=>I'm leaving him top 4 high for now but I could see the argument for medium elite
Dach=>I waver on medium elite or high elite. Right now I lean toward the latter. The bubble left me super impressed.
Kurashev=> Top 6/medium
Kubalik I waver between top 6 high and medium elite because his shot is just so damn good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad