NHL20 Franchise Mode

ZedCanadian

Jun 25, 2018
Framchise/Dynasty/Be a GM is by far the game mode I play the most, and I think it has tons of potential that EA has not capitalized on yet.

Improved Scouting
  • Budget slider to increase/decrease spending on scouts for more/less information on players.
  • Scout individual players for extra information.
  • Scout specific teams around the world.
  • League interest in players based on percentage rather than low/none/high.
  • Basically just giving us more solid information on lots more players.
Contracts
  • I never understood why my current cap space is taken into consideration when extending a player. Change it to next years cap space.
  • No Move/Trade Clauses and Bonuses to entice players to sign/sign for less money.
Player Progression
  • Send players to train with skills coaches(ie. players going to Adam Oates) to work on chosen attributes. Effectiveness of training based on poise stat and player type.
  • Hire team coaches that work on stats for the whole team(shooting, defense, puck skills, or even special teams).
Offseason
  • Make Free Agency seem more active and real. Bid on players against other teams in real time. Players won't always take the highest dollar/year value; will choose team based on bonuses, nmc/ntc, and how good a team is.
  • Ability to chalk up mock lines for the upcoming season.
  • Ability to go from first pick of a round to the last pick of the previous round by simply pressing left(!!!!).
Regular Season
  • See players stats while simming like old gen.
  • More incentive to use player morale(honestly no idea how. Don't see the point in it).
  • Player chemistry. The more players play on a line with another, the more effective they are together. Don't make this a viewable stat.
This is all I could come up with for now. Tell me if I missed any obvious ideas.

cashinstinct

Cash is King
Jul 2, 2014
Contracts
  • I never understood why my current cap space is taken into consideration when extending a player. Change it to next years cap space.
In NHL 18, it seems to take into account next year's cap space already (with current cap number).

When I have multiple UFAs or RFAs, I have 20-30 million available in space for extending current players.

When I have lots of contracts for next year, I have not much space available.... when I want to extend a player I like, I trade a current player (with contract next year) at trade deadline or at NHL draft to create space for next year...

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
Very often the cap doesn't rise enough and multiple star players are left to FA since no one can afford them...

ZedCanadian

Jun 25, 2018
In NHL 18, it seems to take into account next year's cap space already (with current cap number).

When I have multiple UFAs or RFAs, I have 20-30 million available in space for extending current players.

When I have lots of contracts for next year, I have not much space available.... when I want to extend a player I like, I trade a current player (with contract next year) at trade deadline or at NHL draft to create space for next year...

I haven't noticed that. Just seems to be based off current year cap space

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Very often the cap doesn't rise enough and multiple star players are left to FA since no one can afford them...

I haven't bought NHL 18, so maybe this has changed in that version, however it seems less about the cap being too low, and more about AI GM's signing anyone and everyone, leaving them with zero contracts available, and no cap space.

The AI needs fixing, in a ton of ways, team building being one of them.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
unsigned picks better progress normally again like they used to in the older games...please not everyone has room to fit all 50 contracts and its annoying to lose a lot of ELC years. I shouldn't have to sign a high potential under 65 overall when he's not going to play in the AHL or NHL to make sure he gets better.

Stop changing my god damn trading block around automatically its so damn annoying that this also happens randomly when the season begins and you aren't informed and wonder why teams are offering you cap dumps for picks.

In the draft there needs to be a lot more information you should be able to see their estimated star ratings of their skills and another menu where you can see their scouted stats in their respective colors on the right you shouldn't need to scan every players profile.

Last edited:

ZedCanadian

Jun 25, 2018
unsigned picks better progress normally again like they used to in the older games...please not everyone has room to fit all 50 contracts and its annoying to lose a lot of ELC years. I shouldn't have to sign a high potential under 65 overall when he's not going to play in the AHL or NHL to make sure he gets better.

Stop changing my god damn trading block around automatically its so damn annoying that this also happens randomly when the season begins and you aren't informed and wonder why teams are offering you cap dumps for picks.

In the draft there needs to be a lot more information you should be able to see their estimated star ratings of their skills and another menu where you can see their scouted stats in their respective colors on the right you shouldn't need to scan every players profile.
Well it looks like they did change scouting for NHL19, so we'll have to see

SaKuu11

Jul 6, 2017
Franchise mode need something new. Its not just enough accuracy that it would feel like u are managing real nhl-team.

- AHL contracts.
- Full roster controll. I just sometimes like play it with real rosters and cpu trading turned off. Why ea cant give these option to us :D
- Players should have cold and hot streaks.
- Players need feelings. If u put Crosby to fourth line he would be angry and her production rate should go down. He would go to cold streak and not enjoying playing anymore on for ur team. And if u call up Ahl player up and put to first line he would be so full of energy and happy. If he gets coupple of goals that would put him on hot streak so he could score even more! That morale system what they have now its not working. And how they react to ur answears are so stupid.

- Trade value should be more affected that how player have plaeyd recently. If ur fourth liner would have great season collecting 40 points her trade value should go up! And of course if ur star player having really bad seasons on row her trade value should go down.

- Commentars should notice ur trades and say something about those. If u trade crosby to Montreal they should notice that and speak about that trade.

There are so many things i personally would make so much better :D Its so clear that team who make this game its not playing it themselves and they are not even watching Nhl on free time. There are so much those small details that should make better.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Franchise mode need something new. Its not just enough accuracy that it would feel like u are managing real nhl-team.

- AHL contracts.
- Full roster controll. I just sometimes like play it with real rosters and cpu trading turned off. Why ea cant give these option to us :D
- Players should have cold and hot streaks.
- Players need feelings. If u put Crosby to fourth line he would be angry and her production rate should go down. He would go to cold streak and not enjoying playing anymore on for ur team. And if u call up Ahl player up and put to first line he would be so full of energy and happy. If he gets coupple of goals that would put him on hot streak so he could score even more! That morale system what they have now its not working. And how they react to ur answears are so stupid.

- Trade value should be more affected that how player have plaeyd recently. If ur fourth liner would have great season collecting 40 points her trade value should go up! And of course if ur star player having really bad seasons on row her trade value should go down.

- Commentars should notice ur trades and say something about those. If u trade crosby to Montreal they should notice that and speak about that trade.

There are so many things i personally would make so much better :D Its so clear that team who make this game its not playing it themselves and they are not even watching Nhl on free time. There are so much those small details that should make better.

Yes. If hold a team mating with a motivating response, half the team's morale shouldn't go down.

Also whenever I have made a trade it always has them saying "we have a new player on the team" showing them on the bench. The problem with my game is in the AHL I traded before the season began and every single game the whole season it would say that's a new player, I think its an annoying error that needs corrected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad