NHL18 Information Thread - 3v3, GM Overhaul, Defensive Stick, Expansion Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
yeah exactly, the full list was only visible during the draft. Also, I saw in a video that they show directly the overall of players during the draft (was about time)

giphy.gif

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012

RUB up to 5, and you don't even get rares from the packs. Maybe 1 a pack. Lol. Well looks like another year of no HUT.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
I was playing NYR and apparently it was Nash's 1000th NHL game and during a break they showed a ceremony giving him the Silver Stick for playing 1k games in NHL.

Thought that was pretty cool.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I'm out of the loop right now, but is this out right now (if you get early access or whatever crap they make you pay)?

Male75FromFinland

Aug 5, 2010
Can you trade players/picks between expansion draft and normal draft?

If I play with expansion team and I wanna pick player and trade him before draft, can I do that?

voiceofytown

Jun 15, 2006
I really like the solo challenges i wonder is that it for the year or like madden will they update new ones every quarter or so.

voiceofytown

Jun 15, 2006
Also can someone answer this please. I got my rookie pack mcdavid pack and 3 gold user packs for returning bonus?? but where are my first 2 packs out of the 40 i get?? iknow i get 2 a week for 20 weeks never got them. Also never got the "2 gold plus packs u get with preorder" i am seeing streams with ppl having them i contact ea through facebook or tweeting and they don't respond. Unless i won't get that bonus until tuesday?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Not that I care, but I didn't get those loyalty HUT jerseys, despite playing HUT in all 3 games.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Doing the 2020 NHL draft. (Nolan Foote draft)

Every player is 55-57 overall.

There are no Canadians projected to be drafted after the 1st round.

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
Doing the 2020 NHL draft. (Nolan Foote draft)

Every player is 55-57 overall.

There are no Canadians projected to be drafted after the 1st round.

Oh boy. And again Rammers moneywhoring crew only focuses on the first few years on franchise mode. After that it always gets horrible. And why do players still not grow until you draft them? That used to be in there last gen.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Oh boy. And again Rammers moneywhoring crew only focuses on the first few years on franchise mode. After that it always gets horrible. And why do players still not grow until you draft them? That used to be in there last gen.

Just looked at the 2021 draft class and there seems to be a majority of Canadians again. I'll have to see when I get to the draft if overalls are better. Maybe the 2020 draft was "weak"? I dunno

ThorNton Apologist

Jumbo needs a cup
Oct 1, 2006
Cali
Just looked at the 2021 draft class and there seems to be a majority of Canadians again. I'll have to see when I get to the draft if overalls are better. Maybe the 2020 draft was "weak"? I dunno

2021 draft had a couple 70+ elite potential forwards. I noticed 2020 was mostly just Russian defensemen besides Foote

Lessavyfav

Aug 2, 2010
Can you trade players/picks between expansion draft and normal draft?

If I play with expansion team and I wanna pick player and trade him before draft, can I do that?

I didn't try to trade between the two drafts, but I was able to trade at the draft.

One funny thing about creating a new expansion team is that some of your players will lose morale in the middle of summer of the year they were drafted for poor team play.

Some thoughts on the draft.

For drafting, always sort by potential in the later rounds. There are multiple mid and low elite players that go undrafted. There was one draft that had 12 elite players in round 6 and 7. At least 3 of them were mid elite.

It also seems like there are more starting potential goalies in the later rounds.

Over 4 drafts, there has been 2 franchise players so far.

Trading for draft picks is easier than previous years because the value of mid 1sts and future 1sts were decreased.

The draft menu is really slow. It sometimes lags and I accidentally selected the wrong player more than once.

One problem is that the game crashes often. I've experienced more crashes than any previous game. One crash allowed me to keep all the players I drafted, but restarted the draft. I wasn't able to trade the picks.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
I didn't try to trade between the two drafts, but I was able to trade at the draft.

One funny thing about creating a new expansion team is that some of your players will lose morale in the middle of summer of the year they were drafted for poor team play.

Some thoughts on the draft.

For drafting, always sort by potential in the later rounds. There are multiple mid and low elite players that go undrafted. There was one draft that had 12 elite players in round 6 and 7. At least 3 of them were mid elite.

It also seems like there are more starting potential goalies in the later rounds.

Over 4 drafts, there has been 2 franchise players so far.

Trading for draft picks is easier than previous years because the value of mid 1sts and future 1sts were decreased.

The draft menu is really slow. It sometimes lags and I accidentally selected the wrong player more than once.

One problem is that the game crashes often. I've experienced more crashes than any previous game. One crash allowed me to keep all the players I drafted, but restarted the draft. I wasn't able to trade the picks.

Most of this is good news. Thanks. I hope they will have a patch for actual release re: crashing

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I find that while there is a ton of prospects that have NHL value in the later rounds, the players develop much slowly or not at all.

I drafted an Elite Center in the 3rd Round in 2019 and entering his D+3 he's still not even 60 overall

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
I find that while there is a ton of prospects that have NHL value in the later rounds, the players develop much slowly or not at all.

I drafted an Elite Center in the 3rd Round in 2019 and entering his D+3 he's still not even 60 overall

Oh for ****s sakes. That makes all the improvements I've been hearing about pointless

Lessavyfav

Aug 2, 2010
I saw the same thing as Cor. Unfortunately I hit 10 hours so I don't know if they eventually pan out.

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
Oh for ****s sakes. That makes all the improvements I've been hearing about pointless
It makes sense in a way. It would be logical for late round steals to develop slower since that's what usually happens. Hopefully it's only for late rounders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad