NHL.TV / Center Ice / ESPN+ Discussion - Part IV [See the warning in OP]

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Anyone in Canada not able to login to nhl live on Android on a phone? I'm logged in on every other device and can watch with no issues but can't login on my phone. Don't want to use the forgot password link bc I don't want to get booted from the other devices.

Edit: NHL.com login is buried deep in the settings but still there. Just needed to find it and it works again. No clue how or why I was logged out. Rogers customer service coming out completely useless once again.

Last edited:

Defender219

Nov 27, 2021
Is anyone experiencing issues watching through their PS4? It used to be flawless for me but now the video portion freezes every 30 seconds which requires me to restart the stream to watch, audio keeps okay normally though.

Very frustrating.

SirJW

Jan 25, 2007
The LA
Edit
Just went to the sports tier and local channels work.
None of the Center Ice channels are up tonight on DirecTV. Anyone else experiencing this?

Last edited:

Whoot Whoot

Biased Rangers Fan
Feb 28, 2007
Los Angeles
is anyone else getting bug where the Ad banner in the top right happens many seconds prior to commercial (while the game is going on)

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
Is anyone experiencing issues watching through their PS4? It used to be flawless for me but now the video portion freezes every 30 seconds which requires me to restart the stream to watch, audio keeps okay normally though.

Very frustrating.
I use ps5 and its been working fine. I get no better or worse buffering

sawchuk1971

Jun 16, 2011
does espn+ have archived games?

for example, i missed the TBL/VAN game last night..

will i get to see it on espn+ archived site?

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
The NHL.tv app on my smartphone wants me to watch a 15-sec commercial before every goal-clip now??
Is that a bug like not recognising my account anymore? I'm still logged in when clicking on my profile..

E:
Don't know how to delete the post. Logging out and in angain solved the problem....

Mach2

Jan 15, 2021
If you live in a team's market area, then you may have to wait 24-48 hrs to watch the archived/ON DEMAND game on ESPN's web site. If you're not in that team's market area, then the replay game should be available to watch soon after the original game ends.
Take a look here: Schedule | Watch ESPN

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony

If you dont see the game in the ondemand section try searching the teams. If you still don't see the game it may have been considered a national broadcast where you live and it takes 24 hours from the finish of the game to get added to the ondemand section.

sawchuk1971

Jun 16, 2011
If you dont see the game in the ondemand section try searching the teams. If you still don't see the game it may have been considered a national broadcast where you live and it takes 24 hours from the finish of the game to get added to the ondemand section.
will this happen for the playoffs?

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Just watching the Jackets/Isles game on ESPN.

I don't think I've seen camera work this bad since the 1968 expansion.

It is brutal.

Reactions: JBHockey

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
The audio was also really bad, I was using a firestick and the video quality would keep fluctuating between being ok to bad it was never near HD quality.
I was watching on a regular HD TV using Bell Fibe, and everything is crystal clear and smooth except for ESPN.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
This has probably been answered, but will ESPN and TNT have exclusive rights during the playoffs or will regional channels still be in play? Will local blackouts still be a thing if the regional networks carry the games? Asking as a cord cutter.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
This has probably been answered, but will ESPN and TNT have exclusive rights during the playoffs or will regional channels still be in play? Will local blackouts still be a thing if the regional networks carry the games? Asking as a cord cutter.
I think last year it was shown on both national and regional for the first round only, after that it was all national. Of course it was under the NBC contract so ESPN and TNT may have total control now.

That said I don't remember there being any blackout restrictions for any games in the playoffs. I distinctly remember flopping back and forth during the game at times.

Reactions: Nasti

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
I think regionals can have first round coverage alongside ESPN and TNT. 2nd round and later is exclusive. I don’t think anything changed in that regard

Reactions: Nasti

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
I think regionals can have first round coverage alongside ESPN and TNT. 2nd round and later is exclusive. I don’t think anything changed in that regard
In fact, Sam Rosen announced after the Rangers clinched a playoff berth that every first round game would be on MSG, though I don't know if that takes into account any potential games on ABC.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
In fact, Sam Rosen announced after the Rangers clinched a playoff berth that every first round game would be on MSG, though I don't know if that takes into account any potential games on ABC.
As of right now according to the schedule Sports Media Watch has there are no 1st and 2nd round playoff games on ABC.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
So I guess NHL Center Ice is just not going to air games now? Can't find the Calgary Nashville game on any of the channels.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
So ESPN+ should show Flames games all rounds (I live in Minnesota)?

Worst case I’ll ‘illegally stream’

Been pleased with the Espn+ coverage this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad