NHL to add Corsi/Fenwick to league stats

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
How long until NHL.com "NHL Leaders" looks like this ?

2qukvpt.jpg

Is it time NHL leaders included Corsi and Fenwick ?
:yo: or :cry: ?
Wut u say ?

(Please (&THX) include a smiley in your reply).

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Corsi still isn't even proven to predict anything reliably. It gets treated like the end all yet +/- gets crapped on but is just as credible for judging anything at this point.

The Bored Man

5-14-6-1
Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton
"Advanced" stats aren't difficult to calculate or comprehend. The advancedness is because they must be applied very carefully. You're digging very deep to see discrete variables for a game as fluid and chaotic as hockey. I don't think a leaderboard gives you enough information to draw a substantial conclusion.

And yet, plus/minus is on that list..

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
"Advanced" stats aren't difficult to calculate or comprehend. The advancedness is because they must be applied very carefully. You're digging very deep to see discrete variables for a game as fluid and chaotic as hockey. I don't think a leaderboard gives you enough information to draw a substantial conclusion.

And yet, plus/minus is on that list..

Well there is no way to debate + - you either got scored on or you didn't. It's fairly black and white, on the other hand shooting the puck wide 6 times has a lot less to do with the outcome of the game. Yet some of you all think its the be all of hockey

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Great idea OP :dunce:

Corsi is an amazing innovative statistic and definitely needs to be on NHL.com :deadhorse

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Corsi is a good stat to analyze group of player's performance, not an individual player's performance, it was never meant to do this.

But some people on hfboards throw that everywhere to look knowledgeable and to argue that their favorite player is better than another one.

Most "advanced" stats are crap anyway, even when used properly.

Last edited:

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I dunno. But is Patches ACTUALLY the best Corsi player in the league?:)

no, corsi means all on-ice shot attempts and maxpac isn't at the top there. for various reasons i don't think 'the best' corsi player can be really identified but that's another discussion.

for individual 5on5 shot attempts, icorsi, he's now second behind james neal. and has been top 3-4 player there for a while. he shoots the puck a lot 5on5 and also scores a lot (3rd most 5on5 goals since 2011).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad