Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Winnipeg

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
With rosters pretty much set, and rookie camps and TC coming up in September, lets get the heated debates up and going.

As a homer, I was going to go with Florida, but I will go with the defending champs. They did lose good depth at forward, but they still have a great core up front, along with the best Dman and goalie in the game.

*Poll question is #1 team in the league, not 32.....typo

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Tampa.

They've been the best team "on paper" in the league 3 years running, and most of the time very easily so.
They're back to back champions, and for the most part won both cups without breaking much of a sweat in the playoffs
They have an argument for the best offense, defense and goalie in the league. No weaknesses.

I think it's the best roster of the cap era. Not sure if they will 3-peat, and they did lose some depth, but until proven otherwise they 100% should be considered favorites going into the season.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Tampa is a tier of their own for me until proven otherwise. They lost their entire third line but have guys like Colton, Joseph and Boulet lined up to replace them. Their depth development has been an absolute production line in recent years. Kucherov should be available all year. I expect Cirelli to pick his scoring up. And once again highly useful vets (Bogo, Perry) added for almost no salary. Plus they will surely be players at the deadline looking for the “next” Coleman or Goodrow.

A three peat is definitely not out of the question.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Tampa until proven otherwise. They lost a third line but I mean...they still have arguably the best defenseman, winger, and goalie in the world. Not to mention Point and Cirelli down the middle.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Everyone saying Tampa but I'd like to see them or would have liked to see them win the cup in a normal season. In normal 82 game seasons they couldn't win, got swept by Columbus. They still deserve credit for winning the last 2 cups but one was a bubble where many players just didn't give a shit about hockey and wanted to get out of the bubble, and the other one was also a shortened season where they could afford to have Kucherov on LTIR and have a 100 million dollar team. And let's face it, both finals were anything but competitive. Tampa is getting bit overrated here

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Which teams have the best chance to win the 2022 Cup?
Carolina
Islanders
Panthers
Leafs

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Objectively Bennings Canucks or Tampa. Could go either way but gave the edge to Tampa due to being excessively better

Reactions: Sweetpotato

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad