GDT: NHL Stadium Series: Flyers Vs Devils @ MetLife Stadium | 8:00PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
For me, yes, but the guys are a fairly huge name aren’t they? A much bigger name than I would have expected. Especially while they are still relevant. This seems like a big get for the nhl
Are they relevant? Pretty sure they are in New Kids on the Block relevancy in 2024.

Reactions: MikeyMike01

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Are they relevant? Pretty sure they are in New Kids on the Block relevancy in 2024.
I thought they just recently made a comeback tour or something? They all did solo things for a while and are back. Maybe? Not sure, not my scene. I’d say they are far more current than the new kids though

Reactions: Devilsfan118

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
They actually sounded pretty good compared to a lot of these “halftime shows” to be honest
It was somewhere between Kid Rock at an All-star game post 2010 and Nickelback In Edmonton this year. They all suck

I thought they just recently made a comeback tour or something? They all did solo things for a while and are back. Maybe? Not sure, not my scene. I’d say they are far more current than the new kids though
I don't have any daughters, but New Kids had a tour as well.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Let’s switch it up

Try death metal or drill rap group next intermission show
I have no idea what drill rap is, but I wouldn’t hate a metal act

It was somewhere between Kid Rock at an All-star game post 2010 and Nickelback In Edmonton this year. They all suck

I don't have any daughters, but New Kids had a tour as well.
Yes, but the 40 and over crowd attended the new kids

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I have no idea what drill rap is, but I wouldn’t hate a metal act

Yes, but the 40 and over crowd attended the new kids

Rap thats often directly related to gangs where they talk about killings they’ve done and stuff

(Original comment mostly in jest)

Last edited:
Reactions: Pukboy5kroner

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I guess some would enjoy it. This is all I've heard of them, so probably not fair. Seemed like the Foo Fighters without dynamics and song writing, not a fan of them either, but I'll take your word on the situation.

Suburban northeastern nostalgia aside, it's pretty funny because they were a damn good band from like 2007 to 2014. Some excellent songwriting, too, even if all the songs were about wearing blue jeans and feeling sad about girls in a diner. I don't think they're the gold standard of rock n roll songwriting but like...Foo Fighters are pretty far down that food chain as well. Funny frame of reference.

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Suburban northeastern nostalgia aside, it's pretty funny because they were a damn good band from like 2007 to 2014. Some excellent songwriting, too, even if all the songs were about wearing blue jeans and feeling sad about girls in a diner. I don't think they're the gold standard of rock n roll songwriting but like...Foo Fighters are pretty far down that food chain as well. Funny frame of reference.
Like, I appreciate some post punk stuff, and I'm old, mostly listen to Alt country now, but they were just in that frame of meh. Not terrible, get why kids might dig it, much like early Emo or Math rock. Just didn't have much in terms of hooks, dynamics, or even clever whatever. Mind you, way better than the Jonas Brothers.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Like, I appreciate some post punk stuff, and I'm old, mostly listen to Alt country now, but they were just in that frame of meh. Not terrible, get why kids might dig it, much like early Emo or Math rock. Just didn't have much in terms of hooks, dynamics, or even clever whatever. Mind you, way better than the Jonas Brothers.

I went in reverse, I listened to nothing but Bloodshot Records releases when I was 14 and finally opened up more to poppier sounds/writing when I got older. Still firmly live in "alt. country" territory as far as guitar music though. Vocalist from Gaslight has bordered on that territory with side projects as well, resulting in some of the better material he's written.

Not my favorite band of all time but they arrived in the midst of the Pitchfork/Sub Pop indie onslaught as a pretty throwback band that wrote solid songs, played hard and fast, and were punchy as hell on stage. Several tiers above the mall rat pop punk but enough familiar themes to appeal to both those kids and snobbish assholes (like myself). Which is why I was humored that your first impression, and the first impressiom a lot of people got tonight, was of an overweight legacy act playing an "Oh whoaoaoa" song. Cashing in is a cruel game.

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
I went in reverse, I listened to nothing but Bloodshot Records releases when I was 14 and finally opened up more to poppier sounds/writing when I got older. Still firmly live in "alt. country" territory as far as guitar music though. Vocalist from Gaslight has bordered on that territory with side projects as well, resulting in some of the better material he's written.

Not my favorite band of all time but they arrived in the midst of the Pitchfork/Sub Pop indie onslaught as a pretty throwback band that wrote solid songs, played hard and fast, and were punchy as hell on stage. Several tiers above the mall rat pop punk but enough familiar themes to appeal to both those kids and snobbish assholes (like myself). Which is why I was humored that your first impression, and the first impressiom a lot of people got tonight, was of an overweight legacy act playing an "Oh whoaoaoa" song. Cashing in is a cruel game.
I am a bit older, was into hardcore stuff and f u music as a kid, Big Black was my special whatever. The whole pop punk thing I get, but that was just a flat song and it's probably just the context. I had never heard them or heard of them. Again, I'll take your word on it being a bad representation.

Reactions: Rich Nixon

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
once again.

Ferraro really made himself a clown tonight. Zero concept of knowing when to shut the f*** up during play, rambling on and on about some unrelated crap

the game was really hard to enjoy with his mouth oblivious to anything.

get off the f***ing air windbag

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad