News Article: NHL sells naming rights to 4 re-aligned divisions

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We should find out in the coming days how much the NHL is garnering from the renaming of their divisions.

In the meantime, why don't they plaster ref uniforms with ads? I doubt many fans would even care.

Reactions: DavePeak

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
If it allow them to make money with all what they lost, I have no problem with that
I have no problems with finding creative ways to get extra revenue this season, but I don’t like the precedent it creates for the future. I’m just a purist old fart though, I guess we will all get used to it as we did watching the Laval St-Hubert BBQs in the AHL.

Reactions: zx81 and Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I have no problems with finding creative ways to get extra revenue this season, but I don’t like the precedent it creates for the future. I’m just a purist old fart though, I guess we will all get used to it as we did watching the Laval St-Hubert BBQs in the AHL.

The answer to the above post is brought to you by the Kabana Club. :sarcasm:

Where will they draw the line? We all have the same feeling -- anything they introduce now to generate revenues will probably be here to stay.

Reactions: DavePeak

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
this is way over the top. Lets now plaster the uniforms with ads, i mean who cares at this point.

Playing in the ScotiaBank division, LMAO

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
We should all chip in and buy a division name!

upload_2021-1-5_20-14-29.gif

Reactions: Tanknation

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Really doesn’t bother me. What’s the reason you’d me upset? I can’t see it.

You’re not going to be watching an intense Habs vs Leafs game and say “I can’t f***ing believe we’re playing in the North ScotiaBank division! I’m done watching sports”.

Like come on

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Really doesn’t bother me. What’s the reason you’d me upset? I can’t see it.

You’re not going to be watching an intense Habs vs Leafs game and say “I can’t f***ing believe we’re playing in the North ScotiaBank division! I’m done watching sports”.

Like come on

Cancel culture at it again

hyuck hyuck hyuck

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
We should find out in the coming days how much the NHL is garnering from the renaming of their divisions.

In the meantime, why don't they plaster ref uniforms with ads? I doubt many fans would even care.
Load them up so they look like rodeo clowns! Seriously

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I do have a problem with it....I actually like the fact the Habs, a legendary org for this league, seem to finally have a favorable playing field in acquiring assets.

F*ck the US markets!

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009

I can think of 2 reasons.

1- Cameras follow the players, no one looks at the refs until they blow the whistle or get in the way.
2- Refs are generally hated, so negative brand association.

If you want bang for your buck, the goalie provides the biggest advertising space. I'd go full Nascar uniform on the goalie.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I can think of 2 reasons.

1- Cameras follow the players, no one looks at the refs until they blow the whistle or get in the way.
2- Refs are generally hated, so negative brand association.

If you want bang for your buck, the goalie provides the biggest advertising space. I'd go full Nascar uniform on the goalie.

Isn’t it about the exposure of a brand as the camera travels? When we see those virtual ads added to the glass pane on a road game, we don’t devalue them because they’re being shown on a road game. Likewise, for an advertiser, brands getting camera time on a jersey are still getting eyeballs and ultimately, brand recognition has value.

I hope the league tries it. I believe there would be takers, especially in an environment where no ads would be allowed on player jerseys.

Reactions: Edgy and BLONG7

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Isn’t it about the exposure of a brand as the camera travels? When we see those virtual ads added to the glass pane on a road game, we don’t devalue them because they’re being shown on a road game. Likewise, for an advertiser, brands getting camera time on a jersey are still getting eyeballs and ultimately, brand recognition has value.

I hope the league tries it. I believe there would be takers, especially in an environment where no ads would be allowed on player jerseys.
They're shown on an object you have no feelings towards. You hate the Bruins, not TD Garden Center. Whereas seeing something on Chris Lee wouldn't necessarily give me the warm and fuzzies lol. At least that's my take on it.

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad