News Article: NHL season suspended (3/12)

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Definitely could be the case. Although with the NBA cancelation it would be odd if they didn't say anything regardless

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
The hive mind is taking over the country, everyone wants to be making the same decisions so as the NBA goes, so will go the NHL. I imagine we’ve seen the last Sabres game of 2019-20.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
The hive mind is taking over the country, everyone wants to be making the same decisions so as the NBA goes, so will go the NHL. I imagine we’ve seen the last Sabres game of 2019-20.

About time, this is serious business. It's been allowed to get completely out of hand.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
About time, this is serious business. It's been allowed to get completely out of hand.
I agree...it’s far more serious than the majority have been giving credit for but that is changing in a very large hurry. I hope everyone here is as ready as they can be.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I'd be surprised if they didn't suspend the season at this point. The only other reasonable option would be to play all of the rest of the regular season games with no crowds.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
Gobert played in Boston and Detroit both of which have NHL and NBA teams play in the same arena. IIRC Tampa played against both teams this week before flying to Toronto which is home to both the Raptors and the Maple leafs. Boston Bruins then played in Philly, while Detroit played the Carolina Hurricanes. The bruins are scheduled to play Buffalo on Friday. So now off one guy we have about eight teams possibly exposed.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
NHL will find a way to embarrass itself here. Plus, they're staring down too much money to cancel the season. They'll probably make an announcement tomorrow about how tough and team oriented their players are, keep playing games, and in a few days some low level team employee without health insurance will die of coronavirus.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
A player is certain to test positive at some point, at which point his team will have to get quarantined, probably another team and so on. I don't see a great benefit in waiting until then to suspend the season, which, eventually, they will.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
They are “expecting” Matthews gets 2/3 goals tomorrow before they suspend the season. Ya know, so he gets the asterisk Rocket.

The same asterisk Rocket Ovie would have if they cancelled the season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad