NHL Rookies

NHL RankKing

Fantasy Guru
Aug 31, 2013
Hockeytown
www.nhlrankking.com
Speculate on which players will be entering the league on your favourite NHL team for their first official rookie season.

:hawks
  • Dylan Sikura
  • Henri Jokiharju
  • Dominik Kahun

To be considered a rookie, a player must not have played in more than 25 NHL games in any preceding seasons, nor in six or more NHL games in each of any two preceding seasons. Any player at least 26 years of age (by September 15th of that season) is not considered a rookie.

Last edited:

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
:jets
Jack Roslovic (out of camp)

You didn't specify whether tjis was guys who will have fulfilled the qualifications for a rookie season by the time the season is over or just the guys who haven't already fulfilled it that will make it out of camp. So:

Guys that will stick after a call-up
Sami Niku
Kristian Vesalainen
Brendan Lemieux

In order of likelihood.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
:sens

Brady Tkachuk
Alex Formenton
Max Lajoie
Christian Jaros
Colin White (only 23 NHL Games. Cant remember the limit to be considered a rookie)

Wolanin and Chlapik won't start in Ottawa but we will see them rather quickly

Reactions: HavocWreaker

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
:sens

Brady Tkachuk
Alex Formenton
Max Lajoie
Christian Jaros
Colin White (only 23 NHL Games. Cant remember the limit to be considered a rookie)

Wolanin and Chlapik won't start in Ottawa but we will see them rather quickly

Man why bring up Tkachuk? Send him down for another year it won't hurt anything he isn't ready to be a top 6 NHLer. Let him get the minutes down there to work on whatever he has to and bring him up next season. Sens are going to ruin him.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Man why bring up Tkachuk? Send him down for another year it won't hurt anything he isn't ready to be a top 6 NHLer. Let him get the minutes down there to work on whatever he has to and bring him up next season. Sens are going to ruin him.

He cant go back to BU after signing his pro contract. He could return to whatever ohl team holds his rights I suppose, though I'm not sure that's in his best interest, or what he wants. I imagine his ELC signing came with a handshake deal to either be on the team or AHL ( I believe hes eligible, cant remember the ruling on this one).

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
:edmonton

- Evan Bouchard (9 games)
- Ethan Bear (Called up when Bouch goes down and sticks)
- Kailer Yamamoto (9 games, maybe whole year)
- Tyler Benson (late call up, could stick)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Dallas Stars:

Miro Heiskanen
Roope Hintz
(Maybe Gurianov but very unlikely given our 4th line situation)

Kamiccolo

Aug 30, 2011
He cant go back to BU after signing his pro contract. He could return to whatever ohl team holds his rights I suppose, though I'm not sure that's in his best interest, or what he wants. I imagine his ELC signing came with a handshake deal to either be on the team or AHL ( I believe hes eligible, cant remember the ruling on this one).

Then put him in the AHL. Playing non 1st OA picks in their draft year almost always bites the team in the ass.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI

Because he's been one of our best forwards in camp? He is ready to be an NHLer. Just watch him play sometime before posting..

Dont think Logan Brown will get a shot?

Not this year. He has like 6 centermen ahead of him on the depth chart.
He needs to learn to use his size better and get better in the dot. A year with Troy Mann will do wonders for him.

Reactions: MasterMatt25

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Rangers-
Chytil
Howden
Pionk
Deangelo
Lettieri
Georgiev
Don’t know if Pionk completely counts as a prospect though, he’s played 28 games. Doubt Deangelo really counts either
Andersson should likely be on the team after the TDL as well, maybe even Hajek and Lindgren

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Then put him in the AHL. Playing non 1st OA picks in their draft year almost always bites the team in the ass.

Watched him in a few pre season games and he didnt look too out of place. I sont think Ottawa should feel inclined to rush him, but if they want to, I don't think itd be a terrible idea. Pretty weak on the left side anyway.

Kamiccolo

Aug 30, 2011
Because he's been one of our best forwards in camp? He is ready to be an NHLer. Just watch him play sometime before posting..

I have watched him in two games. Neither one did he look NHL ready. He has tools for sure but this is a lost year anyway and there is going to be a lot of instability in the locker room. It's best to keep him away from it all for this year until they at least know who the leadership group will be going into the rebuild.

I think him being one of the best forwards speaks more to the forward group than it does to the player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad