NHL Revealed

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
Don't forget to DVR or watch it tonight. Its on NBCSN. It basically sounds like a PG version of 24/7. Islanders are partially going to be focused. I think the Islanders twitter feed mentioned that they had cameras with Okposo when his wife gave birth. So we'll definitely get some inside looks.

nyiguy21

Poster of the Decade
Aug 22, 2007
New York
I'm curious to see how PG this show actually is in comparison to 24/7. The only thing I've heard was that the curses will be bleeped out on NBCSN, but I also know there will be a directors cut after the series that has all the language.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
The program guide says Tavares is one of the profiles tonight. It's on NBCSP in my area, Comcast channel 848.

nyiguy21

Poster of the Decade
Aug 22, 2007
New York
Here is a sample of the show if anyone wants to check it out
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=502536

The program guide says Tavares is one of the profiles tonight. It's on NBCSP in my area, Comcast channel 848.
Tavares is probably going to get a ton of focus going from the Stadium game right into the Olympics. I would expect the same for the other guys in stadium games who are olympians(Lundqvist, Crosby, Kane, etc.)
It should be noted that this show doesn't plan to just follow teams for their stadium games and forget about them. It is supposed to follow the teams equally throughout all the episodes.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Watching it right now, you guys are going to love it. JT and KO featured pretty heavily. Getting an inside look at the Isles 24/7 style is amazing.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Really loving the show, hate the narrator though.

JT prays to Bossy every home game, how amazing is that?

JT is said to be a creature of habit and his sticks are ALWAYS in the same spot, leaning against Bossy's plaque. Seeing him pray to Bossy gave me chills.

Loved the part with Strome. KO and the baby brought a tear to my eye, was so happy for him and his family!

Great show, loving it so far.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
JT is said to be a creature of habit and his sticks are ALWAYS in the same spot, leaning against Bossy's plaque. Seeing him pray to Bossy gave me chills.

Loved the part with Strome. KO and the baby brought a tear to my eye, was so happy for him and his family!

Great show, loving it so far.

Felt the same feelings. I love JT even more now, if that is possible. Seeing how happy Kyle was was awesome.

Also, Tavares drew up Strome's first NHL goal. That was kind of funny. The real coach. ;)

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Felt the same feelings. I love JT even more now, if that is possible. Seeing how happy Kyle was was awesome.

Also, Tavares drew up Strome's first NHL goal. That was kind of funny. The real coach. ;)

He is definitely the Captain, was nice to see him vocal and mentoring Strome like that. After his HOF career with only the Isles, he'd make a great coach because of his amazing understanding of the game.

I was wondering if my sister in law was going to be on the show since she delivers a lot of the babies of the Isles players. She never tells me anything when I mention it so she wouldn't tell me about the show even if she was on it, but I think it was a different hospital and doctor. Oh well.

nyiguy21

Poster of the Decade
Aug 22, 2007
New York
Show wasn't as good as 24/7, just way too many teams to focus on to go in depth, yet the Isles got some really good coverage. I can only really echo what's been said in this thread already.
Truly awesome seeing Tavares focus on Bossy's plaque like that.
Next week will have yesterday's win against the Rag$ on it, so that will be cool.

whendogsdream

Jan 22, 2011
Long Island
Never been more proud to be an Islander fan (started in '96). That is what this just did for me. Seeing Tavares "pray" to Bossy, give the lockerroom/bench constant pep talks, and orchestrate Strome's first goal was something else. Seeing the guys all vibe out with Okposo before he went to the hospital really brought something tangible to all the "close knit family" stuff we hear about. All of that said a lot to me about the players on this team. Yes, the management is still a mess to say the least. But getting a glimpse such as the one given in this documentary gives me hope that the "stink" that has been attached to the franchise for the duration of my experience following this team.

nyiguy21

Poster of the Decade
Aug 22, 2007
New York
Just rewatched the Stars game segment on the re-run. Nabby was the one who wrote "MVP" on JT's stall and if you look, you can see Nabby standing and bowing down to John lol.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Was awsome getting an inside look at our boys. Tavares is GReAT.

I got goosebumps when they said he stars at the Bossy plaq every game and then showed him doing it. He is a TRUE islander and I love it!!!
This is like out 24/7

Also how funny was in seeing Tavares coaching in between periods. Coached Strome all the way to his first goal. I can't believe cappuccino actually says stuff to the team lol.
Okposo was awesome.

Tavares and the ref lol. I have to admit hat I thought Tavares was not vocal but it's clear that on the ice and I side the locker room he is the vocal leader and captain. We got our selves a true great.

Sorry to be rambling but after all these years of negativity it's nice to have a national feature on our team I. A positive way where we are winning and showi g off our talent. Love it. Lets go isles !!!

Hipietro

Sep 3, 2006
Long Island
That was very cool. So used to seeing the "big market" teams get coverage like this, great to finally get a behind the scenes look at the Isles.

We also finally got a sample of what Capuano has been saying in the room. If I heard battle hahd once I would have lost it. :laugh:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
They took part 3 down as I was watching it (I assume the other parts as well), so I only need the 4th part. Hopefully it surfaces somewhere online. Although, if the Isles aren't featured I won't care as much about missing it.

Cappy looks pretty horrible inside the locker room with his speech(es) and his tone.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
They took part 3 down as I was watching it (I assume the other parts as well), so I only need the 4th part. Hopefully it surfaces somewhere online. Although, if the Isles aren't featured I won't care as much about missing it.

Cappy looks pretty horrible inside the locker room with his speech(es) and his tone.

Someone on the main board joked that Tavares seems more like an actual coach.

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
I was very underwhelmed, because I guess I'm comparing it to 24/7. You could see that it tried the same formula with some poetry, some setups, etc., it just didn't work. I think they screwed up by following 9 teams, they would have been much better served just following a few.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I really liked last night's episode. I loved JT concentrating on Bossy's plaque like that, but it was a little strange seeing how Bossy is still alive and works with the organization. I mean, he could just pick up the phone and call him before every game. :laugh:

My only complaint is that they seemed to make the Devils/Rangers rivalry into a major thing (and it is), but neglected to talk about the Islanders/Rangers rivalry. Maybe it's because next week's episode will feature the last Isles/Rangers game and they'll talk it up then. I guess we'll see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad