NHL Report Card, Term 1: Central Division

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I think you graded us a bit high to be honest. Our PP has been god awful and the PK not much better. Special teams do make a difference and likely will if they don't get fixed soon.

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
yeah, there's a major disconnect between the win-loss record and getting an A+ in every category.

Offense: B+
Defense: A
Goaltending: A+
Coaching: A
Management: A

far more reasonable look at this team so far...

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Now if you want to go to a value added scale, it is an improvement in most areas over last year. But it is graded too high.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I think you graded us a bit high to be honest. Our PP has been god awful and the PK not much better. Special teams do make a difference and likely will if they don't get fixed soon.

I think the PK has looked solid the last 10 games or so. We tend to go with first impressions as truth around here but we are not chasing the puck as much on the PK as we did earlier in the season and while the numbers don't make us look like we're lighting it up on the PK, we have to remember we don't take a ton of penalties so it'll take some time to get the PK numbers to a respectable level.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee

We've been doing well 5 on 5 but our putrid PP drops us out of the A range.

Defense: A-

Rinne makes the unit look a lot better than they have played. Jones needs to kick his game up a notch.

Goaltending: A+

Rinne had a headlock on the Vezina Trophy at the moment, and if he plays the rest of the season as well as he started he has an outside shot at the MVP Award.

Coaching: A-

If the other guy was here, where would FF9 be? I do have to ding Lavy for the failures of the PP though.

Management: A+

No way Poile does not win GM of the year at this point in the season.

moomoosoup

Oct 8, 2014
The article writer seems not to watch consistently. Eh. Y'all gave it a go, so so will I.

Not enough secondary scoring by any means. Also, that PP :help:
Defense: A
Think they've looked pretty good most nights.
Goaltending: A
He's bailed them out a lot some nights, but has had a few stinkers too. Hutton is worrying.
Coaching: A
Work on the PP even if someone is watching.
Management: A+
Good job.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
year to date i would go;

Overall Offense C, middle of the pack in scoring
5 on 5, A+ best in league
PP, F, bottom 3 in league
PK, C-, bottom 10 but improving
Defense, A+, league leaders in goals allowed, greatly reduced shots allowed
Goaltending, A+, Rinne played better than anyone in league
Coaching, A-, lavy has done a great job overall but the scoring and PP are his specialties
Management, A, 2 3/4 for 4 on free agent pickup performance

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
I can assure you that CS watches quite a bit of hockey. The "Philip" thing is a mistake, and the rest is his opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad