NHL-ready prospects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Eb0la11 said:
So when did this thread turn into a Gilbert Brule thread? brutal.

What do you want people to drop a name and never look at the thread again? Others are also not allowed to disagree with previousely stated players I suppose. Gimme a break.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
4:20 said:
Isn't that ironic?

How? He wasted a post on these boards. Don't you usually look for people to counter what I said with something relevant? Not being a smartass and saying something that needn't be said.

You know intelligent conversation, something like catching what I had said that could have been misleading...that it has only been one year since that draft because of the circumstances of the lockout and maybe there will be more of a turn out with another year.

But no, people want to take message boards to another level, and post meaningless things.

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
BobMarleyNYR said:
Fritsche and Bergeron went in an exceptional draft. They'd be 1st rounders if they went in '04 and maybe even this year.

I think most people here forget that Bergeron was a considered a reach by everyone except Boston and probably and 1 or 2 guy's at CS (30th ranked NA). Most services didn't have him in their top 100.

RedAce

Mar 9, 2005
New York, NY
Кайгородов Алексей this kid is good really good much like Datsyuk.
If he comes and plays for Ottawa you'll know it cause he'll be on the highlite reel alot.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
gobert said:
Beyond the obvious choice of Sidney Crosby, who (if any) of the 05 eligibles do you feel could/will make the jump to the NHL in the first season after the draft?

Beacause of his build and his intensity I think Alex Bourret could play an energy role on a subpar team.

If not him, maybe someone a little older like Hensick or Syvret.

frnchmn11

Jun 19, 2005
Mazmin...I agree. I have seen Bourret play for 2 seasons and talent wise he is amazing. What he needs work on is the mental side of the game. He takes the absolute worst penalties, almost 200 minutes last year. I suspect that would change overnight in the beginning of an NHL career.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
If Brule is signed by what ever team that drafts him and DOESNT play in the NHL the only place he can play is Vancouver. If you are 19 and younger you cannot play in the AHL if a CHL team holds your rights.

flambers

Jun 4, 2005
monster_bertuzzi said:
So if Brule's NHL team that drafts him wants him in the NHL his WHL commitments dont mean anything?

Thats correct, WHL has no say on a junior player once the player is drafted and signed. The only exception is they can not play in AHL if they are 18. If Brule had an awesome training camp, no matter how much Van wanted him back the NHL team will decide

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Balej's Dance said:
I guess you feel he does not deserve being mentioned in this thread and isn't NHL ready?

What makes you think he won't make it this year? His size? He's got grit, skill.

For starters, as a Giants fan I know they will be dreadful without him because they are losing Meszaros as well.

JOHNBOY

BUFFALO SABRES
Sep 30, 2003
Denver NC
Does anyone here think the Defenseman Johnson has a chance at playing atleast the year after, this if not this year??????????

:help:

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
monster_bertuzzi said:
For starters, as a Giants fan I know they will be dreadful without him because they are losing Meszaros as well.

What's that got to do with his prospects of making the NHL?

As a Rangers fan, I know for certain Big boy Glen Sather wouldn't give a crap about poor jr. VAN if he thought Brule would be better off in the NHL on his team and I'm sure there are 29 other GM's that feel the same way. They do not care; does anyone think that the team who wins the number one overall will feel sorry for Rimouski and refuse Crosby a shot at making their pro team?

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
JOHNBOY said:
Does anyone here think the Defenseman Johnson has a chance at playing atleast the year after, this if not this year??????????

:help:

Personally, I've always thought of Johnson and pictured him having a two year tenure at Michigan before hitting the pro's. So I'd say IMO definitely not this year, possibly next year, and most likely in two years. That is however assuming he doesn't delay pro's for all four years...as I'm not sure how much he wants or values his education. I think Berenson could take him up to another level and leave some NHL team brimming happiness with a Phaneuf-ite.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Balej's Dance said:
I'm gonna be very opinionated too and call BS. Its very easy to sit back and make comments when guys like Bergeron come out of the woodwork and open people's eyes. Comeon now, they'd be first rounders in this year? They went in the second round in a draft that hasn't produced Exceptional qualities like you state. Maybe its a great draft for the average person who worships prospects, but it has produced about 15 NHL'ers out of 297 to date. How would they garner more interest than a highly regarded first rounder this year?

OK, then draft all the 50/50 flops that are eligible.

The '03 draft was not exceptional? :shakehead

"About 15 NHLers" one year after being drafted... not eceptional? :confused:

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Balej's Dance said:
What's that got to do with his prospects of making the NHL?

As a Rangers fan, I know for certain Big boy Glen Sather wouldn't give a crap about poor jr. VAN if he thought Brule would be better off in the NHL on his team and I'm sure there are 29 other GM's that feel the same way. They do not care; does anyone think that the team who wins the number one overall will feel sorry for Rimouski and refuse Crosby a shot at making their pro team?

Oh, I agree. If Brule's NHL club wants him in the NHL, then thats where he should be - but this is just a Giants fan's opinion. If he's big enough and good enough to play in the NHL as an 18 year old, then thats where he will be....but I would prefer that he spends this year in the WHL, matures a bit - and then jumps to the NHL next year as a 19 year old. We'll see though, it really depends on what team he gets drafted by.

Rakiet*

Dion Phaneuf, though drafted he remains a prospect until the day

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
monster_bertuzzi said:
Oh, I agree. If Brule's NHL club wants him in the NHL, then thats where he should be - but this is just a Giants fan's opinion. If he's big enough and good enough to play in the NHL as an 18 year old, then thats where he will be....but I would prefer that he spends this year in the WHL, matures a bit - and then jumps to the NHL next year as a 19 year old. We'll see though, it really depends on what team he gets drafted by.

Definitely, the only thing I see holding Brule back is his size more specifically his weight. He's done it all; produced and put points up, captained, played great show time games (like top prospects), brought grit and hitting mostly every game. The supposed attitude problem is something an NHL would work with as the season goes on and he's putting up major points for them, nothing to say he needs to go back to juniors to humble. But he's kind of frail, here's hoping he puts on necessary and smart weight over the summer.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Zach Parise will most likely be in the Devils lineup next season

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
RedAce said:
Кайгородов Алексей this kid is good really good much like Datsyuk.
If he comes and plays for Ottawa you'll know it cause he'll be on the highlite reel alot.

I'm assuming you mean Kaigodorov?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad