NHL Re-Alignment + Seattle + Florida to Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
Note: this is to create the best possible divisions. The probability of relocation is low but possible. Seattle added, Florida relocated to Houston due to location. My reasoning is the state of Florida has a succesful team (Tampa) and if Im the NHL id pull out a low-end franchise from a state that includes another prior to moving an Arizona. Id move the Islanders but they have a new arena.

This re-alignment would include eight divisions with four teams. Four games in division, a total of 80 games (4-in division, 3-in conference, 2-out). Two teams per division make the playoffs, no wild card. Or top team of each plus the next top 4 records (NFL-style)

Eastern Conference:
North - Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Buffalo
East - Boston, NJ, NYI, NYR
West - Columbus, Pittsburgh, Philly, Detroit
South - Nashville, Tampa, Carolina, Washington

Western Conference:
North - Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Seattle
East - Chicago, Winnipeg, St Louis, Minnesota
West - San Jose, Los Angeles, Anaheim, Vegas
South - Houston, Dallas, Colorado, Arizona

Nico the Draft Riser

Nov 18, 2017
Why not 4 divisions of 8 trams? 8 divs of 4 teams seems very convoluted
Because that doesnt solve the location issue. You then have Western teams travelling further for more games

And thats what the NFL does and they seem to do just fine (except theirs arent location based and make no sense to me)

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Kornheiser_Why.JPG

Seriously, there's no reason to visit re-alignment right now. The Panthers lease situation doesn't have them on the verge of moving as far as I've heard.

Nico the Draft Riser

Nov 18, 2017
Give me one good reason to pay money to watch a game played by a franchise with 3 post season appearances in 18 years. Go ahead, I’ll wait.
You dont and you move the team. Its their fans fault not anyone else’s. You want your team to stay? Support them.

Its that simple. Oh and since you seem clueless go take a look at some other professional leagues who’s worst teams sell games out all the time. Buffalo is constantly top 10, Vancouver could be bottom 5 for the next ten years theyd sell. Tampa always sold well when they were bad.

Not to mention the state of Florida never needed a second team anyway.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
You dont and you move the team. Its their fans fault not anyone else’s. You want your team to stay? Support them.

Its that simple. Oh and since you seem clueless go take a look at some other professional leagues who’s worst teams sell games out all the time. Buffalo is constantly top 10, Vancouver could be bottom 5 for the next ten years theyd sell. Tampa always sold well when they were bad.

Not to mention the state of Florida never needed a second team anyway.
Just so sad that there are no civil words to chide you for your incredibly terrible opinion and solution “I’d move the isles but they got a new arena” ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad