NHL ranks Hall 31, McDavid 45, and Eberle 63

McChucky

TOPPEP
Jul 15, 2007
YEG
This will be the lowest McDavid will ever be....enjoy it for now rest of the NHL.....enjoy it now....

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
Here's hoping that if he can stay healthy and motivated, Hall can prove to be a top 20 player. That being said, kind of a weird list. Kopitar and Weber way too low.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
man, Hall has back-to-back ppg seasons, followed by a tough season, and BANG, out of the top 30.

I supposed that's to be expected when you're a leader on a 28th placed team.

Both Hall and McD will be in the top 20 April.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Nuge ranked 110. Right behind Brian Freaking Elliott

More a function of the overrating of Elliott than the underrating of RNH. 110 is a pretty reasonable ranking for RNH.

Never understood the media infatuation of Elliott though, he's an exceedingly mediocre goaltender who happens to be lucky enough to play on one of the defensive powerhouse teams of the NHL.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Honestly, that list is so ridiculously all over the map, that I can't even be bothered to get annoyed. I mean, Hartnell ahead of RNH/Monahan/Kesler/Thornton/etc? Wow.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Honestly, that list is so ridiculously all over the map, that I can't even be bothered to get annoyed. I mean, Hartnell ahead of RNH/Monahan/Kesler/Thornton/etc? Wow.

I have not read it and don't necessarily agree with it but especially in fantasy terms its not hard to see why Hartnell can be ranked above RNH anyways.

He is typically better plus minus, PIM, goals, hits, and probably even game winning goals.

Hartnell is getting long in the tooth and RNH nearing his peak... So just by that you have to question it a bit.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
First thing I did was see where Datsyuk was on the list. Confirmed right away how useless the list is, at least in terms of deciding who the actual top 250 players are. As just a fantasy draft list, maybe it make some sense if it's predicting points you'll lose due to injury.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
People still care about lists made by random people. Everyone can throw up a random top 250 list and everyone's will be different.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
People still care about lists made by random people. Everyone can throw up a random top 250 list and everyone's will be different.

If it weren't for lists we'd lose about half the threads around here so show some respect! :laugh:

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
These lists mean nothing to me. All I care about is the Oilers getting wins.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton

Didn't I hear the Blues are giving Hartnell a try out or something? Or am I mistaken?

I don't know if the team he may go to becomes a consideration.

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
Its a ****in fantasy league List with +/- and pims in the league. Of course our players are low.

Elliot will probably be a good W goalie with a low GAA

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
I think the list is fine.

No one on this team has proven anything.

Let's hope that next year's list has our players a lot higher

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Didn't I hear the Blues are giving Hartnell a try out or something? Or am I mistaken?

I don't know if the team he may go to becomes a consideration.

You're mistaken. He's with the Blue Jackets, signed until the 2018 - 19 season for 4.75 mill per year, and scored 28 goals/60 points last year on the BJ's top line.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I think the list is fine.

No one on this team has proven anything.

Let's hope that next year's list has our players a lot higher

It is a list of for fantasy hockey. TO say Taylor Hall has not proven he can put up points is a stretch. Of course scoring systems do vary.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
You're mistaken. He's with the Blue Jackets, signed until the 2018 - 19 season for 4.75 mill per year, and scored 28 goals/60 points last year on the BJ's top line.

Thanks. I really don't know what the **** I'm talking about.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Thanks. I really don't know what the **** I'm talking about.

His trade to Columbus was somewhat under the radar, I've talked to a few people who had no idea he played for the Blue Jackets(or that he was doing so well).

He also tends to get overshadowed by bigger name players, which masks how consistently productive has been over the last 5 years; valuable traits for a fantasy draft list.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
It is a list of for fantasy hockey. TO say Taylor Hall has not proven he can put up points is a stretch. Of course scoring systems do vary.
Yes, and the article is quite clear.

Categories taken into account are goals, assists, plus-minus, penalty minutes, power-play points and shots on goal for skaters; wins, goals-against average, save percentage and shutouts for goalies.

2014/15
Hall 40PIMS -1
Eberle 24PIMS -16
RNH 25PIMS -12

2013/14
Hall 44PIMS -14
Eberle 18PIMS -11
RNH 26PIMS -12

2102/13
Hall 33PIMS +5
Eberle 16PIMS -4
RNH 8PIMS +3

Oiler players are guaranteed to suck in two categories. Its actually a tribute to their scoring that they are ranked this high given the handicap of being perennial minus players. And kind of on the weak side physically.

That said, even for what it claims to be doing its a pretty poor list imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00