NHL public address announcers

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Anyone remember the guy the leafs had at maple leaf gardens? He was so monotonous but with a really old school delivery.

The Lakers PA guy.... Someone needs to wake that guy up.

Anyone remember the guy the leafs had at maple leaf gardens? He was so monotonous but with a really old school delivery.

The Lakers PA guy.... Someone needs to wake that guy up.

Lawrence Tatner Lakers PA since 1982

Johnny Rifle

Pittsburgh Penguins
Apr 7, 2018
Hampton, VA
Hate the Flyers but love Lou Nolan, he’s excitable without the over-the-top screaming into the microphone nonsense that seems to pass these days as public announcing.

Philadelphia has had some great PA announcers. John McAdams comes to mind, if you know college basketball you may have heard of him.

cole von cole

Mar 1, 2016
Always loved the way Ottawa's old announcer stretched the names of players - skip to 3:30 in the video for an example.

The current guy isn't nearly as good, in my opinion.

You can hear him stretch Ray Emery's last name to 12 seconds in this one behind the announcers. I get chills listening to that call, that crowd.

I think it was Stuntman Stu who stepped down after his leukemia diagnosis

Weztex

Feb 6, 2006
Anyone who isn't screaming POWWWWERPLAYYY!! while the team is cycling the puck and there's 1:29 left to said PP deserves a lot of love.

Reactions: RegDunlop and Samus

IslesFan2017

May 29, 2017
Sorry to be late but I wanted to add Alex Anthony has been the Islanders PA announcer for a while now. He also used to work for the Mets and I guess he occasionally announces Jets games too. I'll always have some attachment to him because I grew up attending a lot of Mets games when I was young.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The penguins guy at the igloo sounded like the happiest guy in the world without screaming into the microphone

I'm convinced the Caps pa guy was duffman.... dunno if he's still around

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I DO have the voice for it for brief moments but not the consistency as it cracks too often. And unless the Lightning were to let me announce it in a certain fashion there isn't a lot of point. I would want to get as far away as possible from the legendary shadow of Paul Porter and do something different. Something like "The Lightniiiiiing strikes!! His 7th goal of the season! Scored by number 86! Nikita Kuuuuuuuuucherrrroovvvvv" with a raspy snarl and announce the assists and time of the goal. The time is said again like "The Lightning strikes at 4:21 from Kucherov's 7th goal of the season assisted by Hedman and Stamkos. LET'S GO BOLTS!" Meanwhile Porter just does "The Lightning goal scores by (player) for (player his) (whatever) goal of the season. The assists by (you get the point)"

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Hate the Flyers but love Lou Nolan, he’s excitable without the over-the-top screaming into the microphone nonsense that seems to pass these days as public announcing.

Philadelphia has had some great PA announcers. John McAdams comes to mind, if you know college basketball you may have heard of him.

The only thing that comes to my mind when you say flyers is the picoooooo powerplay. It's permanently etched into my memory and I hear that voice. So I can't think of him in a positive light even though it's not really his fault.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad