Prospect Info: NHL Prospects Showcase-Canes Roster

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Priskie, Sellgren, Suzuki, Luostarinen, Kuokkanen, and Rees seem to be the headliners.

Murray, Pritchard and Henman playing as well with a name or 2 that seems familiar from prospect camp.

Last edited:

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Priskie, Sellgren, Suzuki, Luostarinen, Kuokkanen, Killinen and Rees seem to be the headliners.

Murray, Pritchard and Henman playing as well with a name or 2 that seems familiar from prospect camp.
Killinen? I see no Killinen.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Killinen? I see no Killinen.

Only Finns are the two committed to play in N.A. this winter, Kuokkanen and Luostarinen.

Color me interested in Martin Lang. A smallish Czech winger who was the youngest player available in this past draft, born *on* Sept. 15, 2001 (so he'll still be 17 at this tourney). Seems to have disappointed a bit in Kamloops where he was drafted No. 14 overall in the CHL import draft. Evidently, he's been great in international tournaments but struggled in North America.

Unrelated to Hall of Fame snub, Robert Lang, apparently.

Reactions: cptjeff and DaveG

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Someone has been following us here at HFB. When you consider Siedem is going to college and Lundqvist is in Europe, that is 50%.

Obviously not steals because none were drafted. I think these six players will look much better than most late round picks this coming season:
Ryan Siedem
Martin Lang
Alexander Lundqvist
Roman Basran
Grayson Ladd
Thomas Pelletier

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Seems like a lot more invites than usual, or maybe I'm just remembering wrong?
You are correct.

I think it is a function of having college players (who apparently can't play and retain their eligibility) and Europeans already playing in Europe.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
You are correct.

I think it is a function of having college players (who apparently can't play and retain their eligibility) and Europeans already playing in Europe.
Bingo. One of the results of going so Euro and NCAA heavy the past couple years is that we have a bunch of guys that are already in training camp for their pro teams, or can't participate while keeping their NCAA eligibility. Roster would look a LOT different if we had access to those:

Of note we're down 4 dmen alone from that (Fensore, Honka, Webber, Martin)

I'm most interested in Lang and Hoffenmeyer of the invitees. If Lang looks good I wouldn't mind us taking the Tolchinsky route with him.

Last edited:

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Samuel Harvey at eliteprospects.com
How was this guy never drafted? Those are some decent numbers to not even take him with a late round pick.
I'm guessing it had a lot to do with his size and him not really putting up the stats until his D+2 season.

It's also weird how he's not even going to play pro hockey. Eliteprospects has him going straight to Canadian college hockey this fall. Usually a guy with stats like his will try his hand at pros a few years before doing that.

Reactions: DaveG

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
sorry man but we felt this was the best way to break the news
For a very short while, I was employed by a boss like this. Late Thursday night right before slipping out he put the work schedule list for the next week onto the bulletin board informing thusly a rental worker that he, in fact, did not have any shifts in the next week (and obviously would not be there reading the list of any weeks after that).

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
I'm guessing it had a lot to do with his size and him not really putting up the stats until his D+2 season.

It's also weird how he's not even going to play pro hockey. Eliteprospects has him going straight to Canadian college hockey this fall. Usually a guy with stats like his will try his hand at pros a few years before doing that.

The chl has a pretty good educational program where they’ll pay for a year of your education for each year you played.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
The chl has a pretty good educational program where they’ll pay for a year of your education for each year you played.
Yeah I realize that but normally you don't see CHL players go directly from the CHL to university unless they have no pro hockey prospects at all. For example below average 4th liners or bottom pairing d-men, or players who bounce back and forth from a CHL team and lower level junior leagues. Or maybe he just doesn't want to do the SPHL/ECHL/very low level European league thing of riding buses and making poverty wages, which I could understand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad